Home » News » Weather » Storm Blog
Storm postpones Dover rezoning forum
The Gateway Rezoning Study Charrette session, which was set for Saturday, was rescheduled for March 2 in Room 306 at the McConnell Center. The event will begin with an hour-long public input session at 10 a.m. and the results of the charrette will be released at 2 p.m.
The intent of the program is to ensure the city is heading in a direction which encourages growth and allows area residents to travel through neighborhoods safely and efficiently. The forum allows experts, officials and residents to brainstorm about potential issues and solutions in order to develop plans.
During a session on Feb. 2, more than 20 residents discussed major gateways - which connect the city's urban core to residential areas - including portions of Central Avenue, Broadway, Portland Avenue, Sixth Street and Silver Street. The upcoming session will continue the discussion, but will focus on Central Avenue south of Silver Street, according to a release by the Planning Department.
"Public participation is essential to a successful project outcome that reflects the community's values and vision. We want to hear from as many people as possible and thought the storm would deter us from our goal of maximizing opportunities for public participation," Assistant City Planner Timothy Corwin said in the release.
Meanwhile, residents and visitors are encouraged to participate in an online survey on the Planning Department's home page at www.dover.nh.gov/planhome.htm. After completing the survey, there is an opportunity to enter their name in a raffle to win a $50 Main Street gift card, according to the release.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Green, Celtics blow out Cavs - 0
- Celtics late rally falls short - 0
- Crawford, Celtics ease past Bobcats - 0
- Celtics top Hawks to halt six-game skid - 0
- Spurs top Celtics to extend win streak - 0
- Timberwolves hand Celtics third straight loss - 0
- Aldridge double-double sends Celtics to loss - 0
- Warning sign saves former St. A hoop coach Clifford - 0
- Bobcats end Celtics' four-game win streak - 0
READER COMMENTS: 1
- UNH unveils new 'shield' logo - 23
- Winter storm pushes up East Coast after weekend blast - 0
- Police looking for information about blood on Pelham road - 0
- UNH drops Saturday night game to BC, 2-1 - 0
- Patriots stun Cleveland in another wild comeback - 1
- Mass. man says he may have seen missing Conway girl on video - 4
- 'Unprepared' Canadian hikers rescued from Mt. Washington - 2
- Vemont pair killed, Sunapee man hurt in crash on I-89 in Lebanon - 0
- Napoli returns to Boston with two-year deal - 0
UNH unveils new 'shield' logo
Word of Abby's letter spurs tips of no use
UPDATE: 2 dead in I-89 crash in Lebanon, highway northbound restricted to one lane as of 8:20 p.m.
UNH unveils new 'shield' logo
Reams threatens to sue county commissioners
Dover police arrest 3 on drug charges
UNH lecturers seek to unionize