Home » News » Weather » Storm Blog
Storm postpones Dover rezoning forum
The Gateway Rezoning Study Charrette session, which was set for Saturday, was rescheduled for March 2 in Room 306 at the McConnell Center. The event will begin with an hour-long public input session at 10 a.m. and the results of the charrette will be released at 2 p.m.
The intent of the program is to ensure the city is heading in a direction which encourages growth and allows area residents to travel through neighborhoods safely and efficiently. The forum allows experts, officials and residents to brainstorm about potential issues and solutions in order to develop plans.
During a session on Feb. 2, more than 20 residents discussed major gateways - which connect the city's urban core to residential areas - including portions of Central Avenue, Broadway, Portland Avenue, Sixth Street and Silver Street. The upcoming session will continue the discussion, but will focus on Central Avenue south of Silver Street, according to a release by the Planning Department.
"Public participation is essential to a successful project outcome that reflects the community's values and vision. We want to hear from as many people as possible and thought the storm would deter us from our goal of maximizing opportunities for public participation," Assistant City Planner Timothy Corwin said in the release.
Meanwhile, residents and visitors are encouraged to participate in an online survey on the Planning Department's home page at www.dover.nh.gov/planhome.htm. After completing the survey, there is an opportunity to enter their name in a raffle to win a $50 Main Street gift card, according to the release.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Headlight out leads to pot charges for Merrimack teen and her passenger - 0
- Betsy McCaughey: Congress should take the lead on Iraq - 2
- Another View - Rick Santorum: When Israel needs our help, we have to be there - 0
- Man killed in Pelham motorcycle accident wasn't wearing helmet - 0
- Too much FahrvergnŘgen: Nashua man charged with indecent exposure while driving - 2
- Dan Tuohy's Granite Status: Garcia to air her first TV ad - 0
- Boston Red Sox hammer Jays for seven runs in 11th, win 11-7 - 0
- NH Motor Speedway to again host two Sprint Cup Series weekends in 2015 - 0
- St. Anselm football players practice ini August heat - 0
Backyard boulder kills Raymond homeowner
GOP for legal pot? Hemignway's high help
Ohio's Rob Portman: GOP can win back Senate