Home » News » Weather » Storm Blog
Storm postpones Dover rezoning forum
The Gateway Rezoning Study Charrette session, which was set for Saturday, was rescheduled for March 2 in Room 306 at the McConnell Center. The event will begin with an hour-long public input session at 10 a.m. and the results of the charrette will be released at 2 p.m.
The intent of the program is to ensure the city is heading in a direction which encourages growth and allows area residents to travel through neighborhoods safely and efficiently. The forum allows experts, officials and residents to brainstorm about potential issues and solutions in order to develop plans.
During a session on Feb. 2, more than 20 residents discussed major gateways - which connect the city's urban core to residential areas - including portions of Central Avenue, Broadway, Portland Avenue, Sixth Street and Silver Street. The upcoming session will continue the discussion, but will focus on Central Avenue south of Silver Street, according to a release by the Planning Department.
"Public participation is essential to a successful project outcome that reflects the community's values and vision. We want to hear from as many people as possible and thought the storm would deter us from our goal of maximizing opportunities for public participation," Assistant City Planner Timothy Corwin said in the release.
Meanwhile, residents and visitors are encouraged to participate in an online survey on the Planning Department's home page at www.dover.nh.gov/planhome.htm. After completing the survey, there is an opportunity to enter their name in a raffle to win a $50 Main Street gift card, according to the release.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- UPS driver charged in hit-and-run at Merrimack business - 0
- Seabrook mom pleads not guilty by reason of insanity to attempted murder of her two children - 1
- Gunman hits Circle K convenience store in Durham - 0
- Bella, a chihuahua mix, is still missing in Auburn - 0
- Nashua man charged in domestic knife threat - 0
- Manchester man detained on Nashua rape charges involving child - 0
- Pair accused in Hampstead home invasion also face witness tampering charges - 0
- Suicide car bomber kills 3 foreign troops in Afghan capital; Taliban claims responsibility - 0
- City officials to review proposed 'spice' ban - 0
DWI license revocations
Mexican man pleads guilty in international conspiracy to traffic hundreds of pounds of cocaine
Attorney claims illegal phone seizure following Christmas Eve accident that killed Brookline mom
Win tickets to see Kip Moore
Another View -- Sharon Day: The Democrats' claim to be the party for women is just not believable
Seabrook mom pleads not guilty by reason of insanity to attempted murder of her two children
Alleged accomplice in brutal Bedford home invasion, attack on doctor and wife, says his testimony was coerced
Man accused of raping 13-year old in Nashua