Home » News » Weather » Storm Blog
Storm postpones Dover rezoning forum
The Gateway Rezoning Study Charrette session, which was set for Saturday, was rescheduled for March 2 in Room 306 at the McConnell Center. The event will begin with an hour-long public input session at 10 a.m. and the results of the charrette will be released at 2 p.m.
The intent of the program is to ensure the city is heading in a direction which encourages growth and allows area residents to travel through neighborhoods safely and efficiently. The forum allows experts, officials and residents to brainstorm about potential issues and solutions in order to develop plans.
During a session on Feb. 2, more than 20 residents discussed major gateways - which connect the city's urban core to residential areas - including portions of Central Avenue, Broadway, Portland Avenue, Sixth Street and Silver Street. The upcoming session will continue the discussion, but will focus on Central Avenue south of Silver Street, according to a release by the Planning Department.
"Public participation is essential to a successful project outcome that reflects the community's values and vision. We want to hear from as many people as possible and thought the storm would deter us from our goal of maximizing opportunities for public participation," Assistant City Planner Timothy Corwin said in the release.
Meanwhile, residents and visitors are encouraged to participate in an online survey on the Planning Department's home page at www.dover.nh.gov/planhome.htm. After completing the survey, there is an opportunity to enter their name in a raffle to win a $50 Main Street gift card, according to the release.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Sox in the city: World champs' appearance highlighted Gill Stadium opening - 0
- Talk of UNH logo change brings out passions - 0
- John Habib's City Sports: Gosselin stepping down as city AD - 0
- Manchester Vet Center just 'a great place' - 0
- NHIAA Roundup: Bedford netmen earn spot in state final - 0
- NHIAA Scoreboard, May 24, 2013 - 0
- NHIAA Div. I Track: Lynch, North boys prevail - 0
- Two found dead in Belmont; one man detained as part of investigation - 0
- Weather this weekend may be more like Veterans Day - 0
NHIAA Scoreboard, May 24, 2013
Manchester Vet Center just 'a great place'
Just say it: Our fight is with radical Islam
The casino vote: The House did its duty