Home » News » Weather » Storm Blog
Alexandria deliberative session to be continued
The overall $1.35 million budget amount was not changed, but articles 8 and 10 were discussed at length, and will require a second meeting on Feb. 19 at 6 p.m. in the municipal building, town officials said.
Residents were concerned about the wording of Article 8, which asks voters for $33,000 for a new vehicle for the police department.
Of that cost, $23,000 was proposed to be raised by taxation and $10,000 withdrawn from the Police Special Detail account. Residents were concerned because the selectmen did not recommend this article.
Also continued was Article 10, which required a special hearing because it asks residents if they want to rescind the SB 2 style of government meetings.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Monarchs roll up their sleeves for Game 4 - 0
- Jones, Monarchs stay alive with Game 3 win - 0
- Monarchs in must-win situation Thursday night in Manchester - 0
- Second close loss in two days puts Monarchs in 0-2 playoff hole - 0
- Monarchs edged in overtime in playoff opener - 0
- Allen Lessels' On Hockey: Trying to stay on a roll - 1
- Monarchs complete amazing late-season surge to clinch playoff spot - 1
- Monarchs vault into playoff position - 0
- On Hockey: Monarchs need one final playoff push - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Bedford's Shapiro hits lacrosse milestone - 0
- NHIAA boxscores, summaries for May 20, 2013 - 0
- Police say man held girlfriend in car, arrest him - 0
- Overtime puts stress on Nashua police budget - 1
- Manchester, church group seek accord on breakfast for homeless - 5
- Ky. Sen. Rand Paul to NH GOP: Let's look like America - 11
- Man gunned down on Manchester street was talented graffiti artist - 16
- Experts weigh in on UNH logo designs - 7
- Two had a NH history before brutal Bedford attack - 3
Experts weigh in on UNH logo designs
Texting + driving = deadly consequences
Derry marks a soldier's death
Bedford's Shapiro hits lacrosse milestone
Memorial Day Observances 2013