Home » News » Weather » Storm Blog
Alexandria deliberative session to be continued
The overall $1.35 million budget amount was not changed, but articles 8 and 10 were discussed at length, and will require a second meeting on Feb. 19 at 6 p.m. in the municipal building, town officials said.
Residents were concerned about the wording of Article 8, which asks voters for $33,000 for a new vehicle for the police department.
Of that cost, $23,000 was proposed to be raised by taxation and $10,000 withdrawn from the Police Special Detail account. Residents were concerned because the selectmen did not recommend this article.
Also continued was Article 10, which required a special hearing because it asks residents if they want to rescind the SB 2 style of government meetings.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Nashua’s State of the City speech postponed by snow - 0
- No major accidents reported in Goffstown - 0
- Expect Route 3A to be closed in Bow until 8 p.m. - 0
- I-93 at a standstill in Hooksett-Concord area - 0
- Dover offices and library close early Tuesday - 0
- Storm closes down town hall and cancels meetings in Farmington Tuesday - 0
- Belmont hearing on Route 106 road work postponed - 0
- Several accidents reported in Londonderry - 0
- Hudson's Rogers Memorial Library closes early - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Pair rescues dog from frozen Raymond river - 0
- Police seek robber of Nashua convenience store - 0
- Exeter police say man briefly suffocated 3-year-old girl - 0
- Pilot safe after crash landing on Alton ice runway - 0
- NHIAA Boys' Basketball: Merrimack survives scare - 0
- NHIAA Tournament Roundup: Central breaks away from Exeter - 0
- College Hockey: Dartmouth drops tournament opener - 0
- FEMA OKs $8m for repairs in Lincoln, Lebanon - 0
- Official says Manchester lost out on $1.5m for cell tower court has now ordered built - 7
Obamacare's new trick: Only temporary relief