Home » News » Weather » Storm Blog
Alexandria deliberative session to be continued
The overall $1.35 million budget amount was not changed, but articles 8 and 10 were discussed at length, and will require a second meeting on Feb. 19 at 6 p.m. in the municipal building, town officials said.
Residents were concerned about the wording of Article 8, which asks voters for $33,000 for a new vehicle for the police department.
Of that cost, $23,000 was proposed to be raised by taxation and $10,000 withdrawn from the Police Special Detail account. Residents were concerned because the selectmen did not recommend this article.
Also continued was Article 10, which required a special hearing because it asks residents if they want to rescind the SB 2 style of government meetings.
READER COMMENTS: 1
- City budget talk: How about solutions instead? - 0
- Death & justice: Officer Briggs is not forgotten - 6
- Decency displayed: Havenstein's nice start - 7
- IT overload: Bureaucracy on bureaucracy - 1
- Taxes and spending: Washington vs. NH - 12
- Texting while stopped: Banning safe behavior - 5
- Lives not lost: As long as we remember - 0
- Slammed: A Seabrook officer indicted - 9
- Abuse in school: A city teacher and a late report - 2
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Garry Rayno's State House Dome: It's time to make legislative sausage - 0
- Memory of bombings remains vivid for those who were there - 0
- Ted Siefer's City Hall: No power play in aldermanic chambers, mayor in good spirits - 1
- On Baseball: Locke pitches game in minor league rehab - 0
- NH's top prospects happy to be part of Boston - 0
- Relative newcomers vie for Boston title - 0
- NH College Notebook: Franklin Pierce's King named to 18U coaching staff - 0
- Andy Schachat's On the Run: New Hampshire makes a big deal about Boston Marathon - 0
- Another View - Ahad Fazelat: How Medicare reimbursement numbers are misleading - 0
Man electrocuted at Keene brush fire
A cellphone ban: Ignoring inconvenient data
Mike Cote's Business Editor's Notebook: Restaurant owner faces up to challenge of Obamacare
'He is risen': 'As he said'