Home » News » Weather » Storm Blog
Alexandria deliberative session to be continued
The overall $1.35 million budget amount was not changed, but articles 8 and 10 were discussed at length, and will require a second meeting on Feb. 19 at 6 p.m. in the municipal building, town officials said.
Residents were concerned about the wording of Article 8, which asks voters for $33,000 for a new vehicle for the police department.
Of that cost, $23,000 was proposed to be raised by taxation and $10,000 withdrawn from the Police Special Detail account. Residents were concerned because the selectmen did not recommend this article.
Also continued was Article 10, which required a special hearing because it asks residents if they want to rescind the SB 2 style of government meetings.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Celtics' objective against Knicks: Make it to Friday - 0
- Celtics beat Knicks in OT, force Game 5 - 0
- Knicks push Celtics to the brink - 0
- Another Celts meltdown as Knicks take command of series - 0
- Celts 'point' to Garnett for solutions - 0
- Too much Carmelo as Knicks top Celtics in Game 1 - 0
- C's end regular season on losing note - 0
- Celtics clinch No. 7 seed with easy win over Magic - 0
- Heat's stars get better of Celtics - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Investigators seek cause of Conn. train crash - 0
- Ortiz knocks in six in Red Sox win - 0
- College Baseball: Ravens outlast Penmen in 13 to survive another day - 0
- Lakes Region, Great Bay CC hold commencement ceremonies - 0
- UNH Law School grads told to 'serve justice' - 0
- Berlin man dies while kayaking - 0
- Man seriously hurt in North Country crash of 1967 Porsche - 0
- Stonyfield founder tells FPU grads to ask, 'Why not?' - 0
- NH troopers help Boston victims - 0
Ortiz knocks in six in Red Sox win
UNH Law School grads told to 'serve justice'
Lebanon College graduates 19
Lawyer says Northern Pass in 'a corner'