Home » News » Weather » Storm Blog
Generators selling fast before big storm blows in
"My guess is that every electrician in this area is on call right now," he said, so if you bought a generator you could be hard-pressed to have it hard-wired before the storm hits today.
Unless of course you are up for the job yourself, he said. "It really should be hard-wired. If you're able and smart about what you are doing you should be OK," he said.
The hardware store sold seven or eight generators Thursday as locals rushed to prepare for a possible power outage caused by the storm. Belletetes' Jaffrey location sold out of generators Thursday and sent several customers to Peterborough, Pelissier said.
The store had four generators left on Friday afternoon, and Pelissier anticipates another rush of customers this morning before the storm hits.
Along with generators, customers were also buying salt, ice melt, shovels, lamp oil and generator oil. Father and son Mark and 4-year-old Charlie Damata of Hancock came in to buy fire starters and batteries.
Pelissier said, although the storm won't be fun, it's a relief to him to sell all of the winter storm items that had been stocked for the season. "We haven't had a big storm since last October," he said.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Pat Buchanan: For what should Americans die? - 0
- Your Turn, NH: Common Core will be a costly burden for students, taxpayers - 10
- Jonah Goldberg: The IRS was only following Obama's lead - 15
- Another View -- Glenn Normandeau: Protecting endangered non-game species a NH success story - 1
- Charles Krauthammer: Redacted truth, subjunctive outrage - 0
- David Harsanyi: Get the IRS out of the speech business altogether - 10
- Another View -- Ryan Gallagher: The U.S. government spies on reporters all too frequently - 4
- John Stossel: Who has true grit anymore? - 0
- Another View: New Hampshire would take a risky bet on casinos - 7
READER COMMENTS: 0
- NHIAA boxscores, summaries for May 20, 2013 - 0
- Police say man held girlfriend in car, arrest him - 0
- Overtime puts stress on Nashua police budget - 0
- Manchester, church group seek accord on breakfast for homeless - 0
- Ky. Sen. Rand Paul to NH GOP: Let's look like America - 0
- Man gunned down on Manchester street was talented graffiti artist - 0
- Experts weigh in on UNH logo designs - 0
- Two had a NH history before brutal Bedford attack - 0
- Derry marks a soldier's death - 0
Memorial Day Observances 2013
Bedford's Shapiro hits lacrosse milestone
NHIAA boxscores, summaries for May 20, 2013
Texting + driving = deadly consequences
Experts weigh in on UNH logo designs
Goffstown holds off on school borrowing