UNH hockey, St. A basketball games postponed
The next game for UNH now becomes Sunday's home contest against Providence, scheduled for 4 p.m.
St. Anselm College, meanwhile, has postponed women's and men's basketball doubleheader against visiting Bentley University from Saturday to Sunday. The women's game will start at 1:30 p.m., the men's at 3:30.
That change led to postponement of the Hawks' next basketball games from Tuesday to Wednesday, against Merrimack College, also at St. A's Stoutenburgh Gymnasium. The women will play at 5:30 p.m., the men at 7:30.
The St. A men, ranked 15th in the most recent NCAA Division II polls, are looking to strengthen their hold on first place in the Northeast-10 conference. The Hawks are 13-3 in the NE-10 and 17-3 overall.
UNH is in second place in Hockey East with a record of 11-6-1 in the league, and Providence is in fifth place at 8-6-4. The Friars are three points behind UNH.
The Wildcats are 16-7-2 overall, ranked No. 4 in one national poll and No. 5 in another.
Providence (10-10-5 overall) beat UNH, 6-5, in the first game of their three-game regular-season series on Jan. 19 in Durham.
READER COMMENTS: 11
- Another View -- Glenn Normandeau: Protecting endangered non-game species a NH success story - 1
- Charles Krauthammer: Redacted truth, subjunctive outrage - 0
- David Harsanyi: Get the IRS out of the speech business altogether - 9
- Another View -- Ryan Gallagher: The U.S. government spies on reporters all too frequently - 4
- John Stossel: Who has true grit anymore? - 0
- Another View: New Hampshire would take a risky bet on casinos - 6
- Ramesh Ponnuru: In flextime fight, liberals play to their stereotype - 0
- Jonah Goldberg: Benghazi's smoking guns - 1
- Another View: Nashua does need to conduct its own review of commuter rail - 1
READER COMMENTS: 2
- Two sustained minor injuries in Rochester crash Sunday - 0
- Boat crash in Tuftonboro investigated - 0
- Manchester alderman urges review of police phone use - 12
- Updated: Man fatally shot on Manchester street; neighbors shocked - 0
- Nashua mayor to recommend Bennett for corporation counsel - 0
- Claremont group disputes incinerator plant's permit - 0
- Goffstown artisan gives new face to Wolfeboro tower - 0
- Katie McQuaid's Scene in Manchester: Kiwanis and the kids - 0
- Town may have to fix grave error - 2
Town may have to fix grave error
UNH hires firm to redesign one of its logos
Disengaged: Obama's lousy excuse
Chechen decries Boston attack
- Which of the following prospective candidates do you think the Red Sox should hire to replace Bobby Valentine as the team's manager?
- Sandy Alomar Jr.
- Brad Ausmus
- John Farrell
- DeMarlo Hale
- Torey Lovullo
- Dave Martinez
- Tony Pena
- Ryne Sandberg
- Joe Torre
- Jason Varitek
- Total Votes: 1840