UNH hockey, St. A basketball games postponed
The next game for UNH now becomes Sunday's home contest against Providence, scheduled for 4 p.m.
St. Anselm College, meanwhile, has postponed women's and men's basketball doubleheader against visiting Bentley University from Saturday to Sunday. The women's game will start at 1:30 p.m., the men's at 3:30.
That change led to postponement of the Hawks' next basketball games from Tuesday to Wednesday, against Merrimack College, also at St. A's Stoutenburgh Gymnasium. The women will play at 5:30 p.m., the men at 7:30.
The St. A men, ranked 15th in the most recent NCAA Division II polls, are looking to strengthen their hold on first place in the Northeast-10 conference. The Hawks are 13-3 in the NE-10 and 17-3 overall.
UNH is in second place in Hockey East with a record of 11-6-1 in the league, and Providence is in fifth place at 8-6-4. The Friars are three points behind UNH.
The Wildcats are 16-7-2 overall, ranked No. 4 in one national poll and No. 5 in another.
Providence (10-10-5 overall) beat UNH, 6-5, in the first game of their three-game regular-season series on Jan. 19 in Durham.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- NH Senate kills House-passed gas, tobacco tax hikes - 0
- Senate Finance Committee rejects Medicaid expansion - 5
- Man wielding pipe robs Cumberland Farms in Goffstown - 0
- Buchholz moves to 7-0 as Red Sox post win - 0
- Gambling bill scuttled, 'Now it is going to be really tough' for budget - 29
- NHIAA Roundup: BG girls’ tennis team sweeps Pinkerton - 0
- NHIAA box scores, summaries for May 22 - 0
- Officials say Goffstown High ‘safe’ after threat of violence - 1
- Manchester Community College graduates told ‘speak your minds’ - 0
License revocations for DWI announced
Memorial Day events in New Hampshire
- Which of the following prospective candidates do you think the Red Sox should hire to replace Bobby Valentine as the team's manager?
- Sandy Alomar Jr.
- Brad Ausmus
- John Farrell
- DeMarlo Hale
- Torey Lovullo
- Dave Martinez
- Tony Pena
- Ryne Sandberg
- Joe Torre
- Jason Varitek
- Total Votes: 1840