Home » Sports » Basketball » Celtics/NBA
Bonner earns spot in 3-point competition after campaign
"I've been waiting my whole career for the opportunity to compete in the contest," Bonner said in a recent interview with New Hampshire Union Leader reporter Kevin Gray. "I appreciate all the support from everybody."
Musician David Hartley, from the band The War on Drugs, began the online campaign to "Let Bonner Shoot," and Bonner's brother, Luke, wrote an open letter to the NBA in support of his sibling. The Concord native and nine-year NBA veteran also received support from actress Eva Longoria, musician Win Butler of Arcade Fire and Gov. Maggie Hassan, who tweeted, "NH is proud of #MattBonner and we would love to see him represent our state in the 3 point contest."
"From the bottom of my heart, I would like to thank everyone who supported me in getting to compete in the Three-Point Contest," Bonner said Thursday in a statement.
This year's contest features a new format that pits the Eastern Conference against the Western Conference.
Bonner joins Stephen Curry of the Golden State Warriors and Ryan Anderson of the New Orleans Hornets on the Western Conference team. Indiana Pacer Paul George, Cleveland Cavalier Kyrie Irving and New York Knick Steve Novak represent the Eastern Conference.
Bonner has averaged 3.9 points and 2.0 rebounds in 42 games this season. He's 32-for-76 from the 3-point line.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Londonderry's Aliza Simpson chooses UNH for basketball - 0
- H.S. Football: Knight leads South past North - 0
- H.S. Football: Trinity, with all the trimmings, runs past Central - 3
- Unchained following 34 years, Thursday's Turkey Bowl is Paul Boucher's last game - 1
- Roger Brown's First & 10: Motivation aplenty for Central and Trinity in Manchester's annual Turkey Bowl - 3
- Martinez, Rodriguez lift Salem past Lawrence - 0
- Roger Brown's First & 10: On any given Thursday - 0
- Roger Brown's First & 10: Crimson glide - 0
- Roger Brown's First & 10: This year, No. 1 is a no-doubter - 1
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Sports Briefs: Broncos’ Welker to miss tonight’s game - 0
- Doc has his night in Boston - 0
- Airlines, weapon makers were the best for shareholders in 2013 - 0
- FDA unveils plan to rein in antibiotics on farms - 0
- Outlet malls: Not what they used to be - 0
- Calif. outlaws ‘revenge porn' - 0
- Kuster launches 'Holiday Cards for Heroes' - 0
- Minor bus accident in Derry blamed on icy roads - 0
- Mega Millions jackpot expected to reach $400m - 0
'From Bimah to Broadway' in Queen City
Win tickets to see Medium Lauren Rainbow
Win tickets to see Disney on Ice!
Where is Benghazi? Kuster's refusal to stand
Shea-Porter: GOP ad about ACA in NH is false