Auburn man killed in crash; police say likely not storm-related
The man was driving southbound on the Route 28 bypass between Spofford Road and Rattlesnake Hill Road in Auburn when his car left the roadway and struck a tree.
"It doesn't look like speed or alcohol were factors," said Sergeant Chip Chabot. "It might be an underlying medical issue that we have to look at."
Chabot noted that on his way to the scene of accident, the roadways were "clear and unobstructed."
The man's parents have been notified of his passing. His name has not been released.
A stretch of the Route 28 Bypass approaching the accident was shut down just before 1 p.m. Police reopened the road around 3 p.m.
Hooksett » Local Events
READER COMMENTS: 4
- Mind your (flea-market) manners - 0
- A great day for a road race - 0
- Fishermen say lie-detector test keeps Winni Derby honest - 2
- Some Winni Derby fishermen report seeing smaller catches - 1
- Tour de Breakfast fuels about 466 who bicycled, walked to work - 0
- Gail Fisher's Dog Tracks - A scary spring sight: Dogs hanging out of open car windows - 0
- Hancock trio creates book to help rescue pet birds - 0
- Dick Pinney's Guidelines: Mixing business and pleasure while in Maine - 0
- A Family Promise holding talent search for fall fundraiser - 0
Mind your (flea-market) manners
Hooksett Police Commission walks away
A great day for a road race
UNH hires firm to redesign one of its logos
Disengaged: Obama's lousy excuse
43 killers on lifetime parole - but where?