Home » News » Public Safety
Missing Merrimack man found unharmed
Police say on Tuesday they responded to a residence on Turkey Hill Road on a report of an elderly male missing from his residence. Police said the man, whose name and age was not released, had possibly been missing for several hours and has dementia.
Merrimack police contacted the "A Child is Missing Alert" system, which placed phone calls to over 1,000 residents in the area near the man’s last known location on Turkey Hill Road. A local resident received the phone call, and instructed her son to go out for a jog in the area to look for the man.
In close proximity to the missing man’s residence, the jogger heard a male calling for help from a wooded area. The jogger alerted police and direct them to his location, where they found a man who fit the elderly male’s description. The man was transported to a local hospital with non-life threatening injuries.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Police ready to make a wardrobe change - 0
- Man, 41, dies after his car hits utility pole by Nashua library - 0
- Derry fire displaces five - 0
- Two fall about 50 feet from Crotched Mountain ski lift - 1
- Three-alarm fire levels Loudon garage - 0
- Man, 41, dies when car hits pole in front of Nashua Library - 0
- Windsor man seriously injured in Bennington crash with logging truck - 0
- Hollis teen mourned after fatal crash on turnpike - 1
- AG reports progress in search for Hernandez; defends not releasing sensitive information - 1
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Sports Briefs: Broncos’ Welker to miss tonight’s game - 0
- Doc has his night in Boston - 0
- Airlines, weapon makers were the best for shareholders in 2013 - 0
- FDA unveils plan to rein in antibiotics on farms - 0
- Outlet malls: Not what they used to be - 0
- Calif. outlaws ‘revenge porn' - 0
- Kuster launches 'Holiday Cards for Heroes' - 0
- Minor bus accident in Derry blamed on icy roads - 0
- Mega Millions jackpot expected to reach $400m - 0
'From Bimah to Broadway' in Queen City
Win tickets to see Medium Lauren Rainbow
Where is Benghazi? Kuster's refusal to stand
Shea-Porter: GOP ad about ACA in NH is false
- Would you support spending local tax dollars to buy your police department a $250K armored vehicle?
- Total Votes: 1072