Home » News » Public Safety
Missing Merrimack man found unharmed
Police say on Tuesday they responded to a residence on Turkey Hill Road on a report of an elderly male missing from his residence. Police said the man, whose name and age was not released, had possibly been missing for several hours and has dementia.
Merrimack police contacted the "A Child is Missing Alert" system, which placed phone calls to over 1,000 residents in the area near the man’s last known location on Turkey Hill Road. A local resident received the phone call, and instructed her son to go out for a jog in the area to look for the man.
In close proximity to the missing man’s residence, the jogger heard a male calling for help from a wooded area. The jogger alerted police and direct them to his location, where they found a man who fit the elderly male’s description. The man was transported to a local hospital with non-life threatening injuries.
READER COMMENTS: 2
- Dozens displaced by Manchester apartment building fire - 4
- Ossipee woman killed in late-night Moultonborough crash - 1
- Danville couple struggling to get back on feet after explosion - 2
- Farmington school evacuated for bomb threat; police say kids are safe - 0
- Claremont elementary school to get safer sidewalks - 0
- Fire leaves Derry family of four homeless - 0
- Homeless man rescues woman who jumped from Granite Street Bridge - 2
- Propane driver saved from waist-deep mud - 0
- Update: Men target practicing face felonies after report of shots fired in Hooksett - 5
READER COMMENTS: 0
- These all-natural candles can double as massage oil - 0
- Dave D'Onfrio's Patriots Notebook: Finding a way to win - 0
- Sam Asano's Let's Invent: NoNose gets readers talking like nobody's business - 0
- Know the Law: Your trust can be named beneficiary of an IRA - 0
- Another View -- Bill O'Brien: Ask your state rep. to vote for transparency in the House - 19
- Old friends and a 'homeless angel' make for good stories anytime - 0
- Clooney gets it: Sony attack was not a 'crime' - 6
- New coats warm city kids, firefighters' hearts - 0
- NHIAA Roundup: Martin, Pinkerton top Salem in tournament - 0
The Sony hack: Kim's judgment of Obama
Human intervention hobbling ice fishermen
Tensions boil over after NYC police killings
'Everybody was extremely fortunate'