Home » News » Public Safety
Missing Merrimack man found unharmed
Police say on Tuesday they responded to a residence on Turkey Hill Road on a report of an elderly male missing from his residence. Police said the man, whose name and age was not released, had possibly been missing for several hours and has dementia.
Merrimack police contacted the "A Child is Missing Alert" system, which placed phone calls to over 1,000 residents in the area near the man’s last known location on Turkey Hill Road. A local resident received the phone call, and instructed her son to go out for a jog in the area to look for the man.
In close proximity to the missing man’s residence, the jogger heard a male calling for help from a wooded area. The jogger alerted police and direct them to his location, where they found a man who fit the elderly male’s description. The man was transported to a local hospital with non-life threatening injuries.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Five hikers rescued in separate incidents Saturday - 0
- Powerboat hits canoe on Winnipesaukee - 3
- Police search for driver in Hollis hit-and-run - 1
- Canoe, powerboat collide on Lake Winnipesaukee - 0
- Brothers escape being hit by circling boat - 1
- Cornish truck driver charged in fatal Merrimack crash - 2
- Truck flips on I-93 at Exit 4 on-ramp in Londonderry - 0
- Salem family ldisplaced by house fire - 0
- Mother says Abigail in 'deteriorated' health - 17
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Jailed man faces new charge for allegedly contacting witness - 0
- Abby says it's incredible to be home; mom tells TODAY daughter did not run away - 3
- Nashua man arrested in Brookline stabbing - 0
- Cumberland Farms robbed; third store hit this month in Rochester - 0
- E-cigarettes find a market in NH - 0
- Real estate transfer tax proposal pulled off table - 0
- Protesting information: Picket sign o' the times - 2
- Another View -- Mike Biundo: Where is Shaheen's gas price outrage now? - 4
- Seabrook's message: No one above the law here - 1
Protesting workers nix Market Basket amnesty
Win tickets to see Cher's D2K Tour
Gorham man arrested for kidnapping Abigail
LNG plant put 'on hold'
E-cigarettes find a market in NH