Home » News » Public Safety
Missing Merrimack man found unharmed
Police say on Tuesday they responded to a residence on Turkey Hill Road on a report of an elderly male missing from his residence. Police said the man, whose name and age was not released, had possibly been missing for several hours and has dementia.
Merrimack police contacted the "A Child is Missing Alert" system, which placed phone calls to over 1,000 residents in the area near the man’s last known location on Turkey Hill Road. A local resident received the phone call, and instructed her son to go out for a jog in the area to look for the man.
In close proximity to the missing man’s residence, the jogger heard a male calling for help from a wooded area. The jogger alerted police and direct them to his location, where they found a man who fit the elderly male’s description. The man was transported to a local hospital with non-life threatening injuries.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Woodshed restaurant fire investigation continues - 0
- Lincoln officer, Woodstock firefighters credited with saving homeowner's life - 0
- Rollover backs up traffic on Everett Turnpike - 0
- Fire destroys Keene house, no one injured, but pets missing - 0
- Arbitrator finds Manchester had 'just cause' to fire Coco - 15
- New Hampshire's homeless remembered in Laconia vigil - 0
- Keene fire destroys house, no injuries reported - 0
- State agrees to delete toll booth photos - 5
- Colebrook reaches out after blaze - 0
- NH makes tort reform group's 'Judicial Hellholes' list - 2
- Manchester's O'Neill, Lebanon's Morrill form UNH's 'Granite Wall' - 0
- Stretch of I-293 North and South closed after propane tank crashes - 1
- $13m contract recommended for next phase of Nashua parkway - 0
- Couple charged in connection with Exeter burglaries - 0
- Proposed article sets rules for use of temporary signs - 0
- Newsreel: State unemployment stable; Gates Foundation CEO named; generic Viagra out soon - 0
- Leclerc takes second place in men's hockey - 0
- Trinity-Central game pushed to tonight - 0
Sales of new limited edition ‘Old Man’ liquor bottles will help fund Hall of Flags restoration projectREADER COMMENTS: 0
Shaheen, Ayotte split on House budget plan
- Would you support spending local tax dollars to buy your police department a $250K armored vehicle?
- Total Votes: 1072