Home » News » Weather » Storm Blog
Durham shutters offices in preparation for worst of storm
Many Seacoast businesses were also preparing to close up shop early with hastily printed signs warning customers that Saturday openings might also be delayed.
Information from Durham Public Works indicated the town could get between 20 and 30 inches of snow once all is said and done on Saturday, but "time will tell whether this will come to pass."
The LaRoche Transfer Station and Recycling Center is closed on Saturday so facility staff can be ready to assist with snow removal around town if needed and because the volume of snow predicted would likely make operations at the facility dangerous for the public.
Durham residents were also asked to move their parked cars off of roadways so plows can get by more easily.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Nashua’s State of the City speech postponed by snow - 0
- No major accidents reported in Goffstown - 0
- Expect Route 3A to be closed in Bow until 8 p.m. - 0
- I-93 at a standstill in Hooksett-Concord area - 0
- Dover offices and library close early Tuesday - 0
- Storm closes down town hall and cancels meetings in Farmington Tuesday - 0
- Belmont hearing on Route 106 road work postponed - 0
- Several accidents reported in Londonderry - 0
- Hudson's Rogers Memorial Library closes early - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Memorial heroic in NHIAA Div. I basketball semifinal defeat - 0
- Excess school money may target crowded classes in Manchester - 0
- Nashua board members apologize for signingCommon Core letter - 0
- Sen. Shaheen participates in all-night climate change ‘talkathon’ - 2
- Ian Clark's On Hockey: Monarchs' Derek Forbort in the right place at the right time - 0
- Educators, advocates speak to new standards for use of force - 0
- Two Manchester health clinics working on merger plan - 0
- Manchester CrimeWatch: City woman connected to fatal crash in court again - 0
- Franklin’s newest police recruit, a German shepherd pup, can smell trouble - 0
Allenstown rejects town and school budgets
John DiStaso's Granite Status: Shaheen among speakers at Senate Dems' climate change 'talkathon'