Home » News » Weather » Storm Blog
Milford waits for storm to arrive
Plow trucks stand at the ready to hit the roads in Milford on Friday. (Nancy Bean Foster/Union Leader Correspondent)
Josh Ruoff and his co-workers were making their way around the Milford Oval on Friday morning, using leaf blowers to clear the sidewalks of the dry, light snow that started falling in the wee hours of the morning.
"Leaf blowers are much better for this kind of snow than shovels," said Ruoff. "But come five o'clock tonight I don't think this method will work anymore."
Snow plows, fueled and full of sand and salt sat at the ready on the Milford Oval.
The Milford Fire Department has been sending out messages to local residents using its Nixle public notification system spreading the word that the National Weather Service is calling for sustained winds of 20-30 miles per hour, along with gusts reaching 55 mph. The wind, in addition to large amounts of predicted snow, are expected to create blizzard conditions for much of the state later on Friday.
"We had a quick department head meeting this morning and we are all well prepared," said the message to Milford residents, "and while this is potentially a very serious event there is frankly not much for us to do until the storm hits."
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Two Manchester women arrested in separate shoplifting incidents in Hooksett - 1
- Maine police search car belonging to husband of Londonderry shooting victim - 0
- Man arrested after chase, threatening to shoot police in Bow - 0
- Good Samaritan pins Manchester purse snatcher - 0
- Homeless man who saved woman from river: 'I don't consider myself a hero' - 9
- High School Basketball: Rivalries renewed in QCIBT - 0
- Dave D'Onofrio's Patriots Notebook: Will they get everything on their list? - 0
- Tuohy brothers add new restaurant in familiar spot - 0
- New Horizons volunteers deliver groceries and good cheer, making Christmas special - 0
Londonderry schools placed on lockdown after soldier's unplanned visit to high school causes alarm
Police say woman tried to steal 15 iPads