Home » News » Weather » Storm Blog
Snow emergency declared in Manchester
The city declared a "Snow Emergency" Friday morning that goes into effect at 10 p.m. and continues through 6 a.m. Saturday. During the ban, no vehicles may be parked on city streets.
Cars remaining on the streets will be towed and stored at the lot at Derryfield Park, off Bridge Street. To get your car back, you'll have to present proof of ownership and pay $110 in cash, by certified check or money order payable to the City of Manchester. The payment must be made within 24 hours of the vehicle being towed, otherwise expect to pay additional towing and storage fees.
The city has two locations available for free parking during snow emergencies: The Victory Parking Garage, at Chestnut and Amherst streets, and the Pearl Street parking lot. Both lots have limited space available.
The Victory Garage is available from 10 p.m. Friday to 6 a.m. Saturday. The Pearl Street lot is open from 5:30 p.m. Friday to 8 a.m. Friday.
A snow emergency is called to allow city crews to plow the full width of the streets to allow access for emergency vehicles and for parking.
READER COMMENTS: 4
- Disengaged: Obama's lousy excuse - 14
- Underestimating NH: Gun control picks two wrong targets - 27
- Roaming jihadis: A terrorist visits Manchester - 3
- Athletes and PE: Give them credit for sports - 7
- The EPA's friend: It has a loyal ally in Shea-Porter - 16
- Leading vs. following: Ayotte, Shaheen and the polls - 24
- The cupcake police: Stop! In the name of lard! - 15
- Page One Editorial: Obama is right - 27
- Taxed tips: Another NH revenue grab - 9
READER COMMENTS: 2
- Two sustained minor injuries in Rochester crash Sunday - 0
- Boat crash in Tuftonboro investigated - 0
- Manchester alderman urges review of police phone use - 12
- Updated: Man fatally shot on Manchester street; neighbors shocked - 0
- Nashua mayor to recommend Bennett for corporation counsel - 0
- Claremont group disputes incinerator plant's permit - 0
- Goffstown artisan gives new face to Wolfeboro tower - 0
- Katie McQuaid's Scene in Manchester: Kiwanis and the kids - 0
- Town may have to fix grave error - 2
Town may have to fix grave error
UNH hires firm to redesign one of its logos
Disengaged: Obama's lousy excuse
Chechen decries Boston attack