Home » News » Weather » Storm Blog
Snow emergency declared in Manchester
The city declared a "Snow Emergency" Friday morning that goes into effect at 10 p.m. and continues through 6 a.m. Saturday. During the ban, no vehicles may be parked on city streets.
Cars remaining on the streets will be towed and stored at the lot at Derryfield Park, off Bridge Street. To get your car back, you'll have to present proof of ownership and pay $110 in cash, by certified check or money order payable to the City of Manchester. The payment must be made within 24 hours of the vehicle being towed, otherwise expect to pay additional towing and storage fees.
The city has two locations available for free parking during snow emergencies: The Victory Parking Garage, at Chestnut and Amherst streets, and the Pearl Street parking lot. Both lots have limited space available.
The Victory Garage is available from 10 p.m. Friday to 6 a.m. Saturday. The Pearl Street lot is open from 5:30 p.m. Friday to 8 a.m. Friday.
A snow emergency is called to allow city crews to plow the full width of the streets to allow access for emergency vehicles and for parking.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Nashua’s State of the City speech postponed by snow - 0
- No major accidents reported in Goffstown - 0
- Expect Route 3A to be closed in Bow until 8 p.m. - 0
- I-93 at a standstill in Hooksett-Concord area - 0
- Dover offices and library close early Tuesday - 0
- Storm closes down town hall and cancels meetings in Farmington Tuesday - 0
- Belmont hearing on Route 106 road work postponed - 0
- Several accidents reported in Londonderry - 0
- Hudson's Rogers Memorial Library closes early - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Sens. Shaheen, Ayotte slam latest push for online sales tax - 0
- Bedford girls basketball team spreads the scoring wealth - 0
- New Hampshire high school athletes on the run (and jumping) in NYC - 0
- Ian Clark's High School Hockey: Teams anxious to play - 0
- Manchester Mayor Gatsas: Vote tells me Hooksett is satisfied with Manchester schools - 0
- After Pinkerton rejection, what's next for Hooksett students? - 0
- Nashua aldermen approve pair of union contracts - 0
- Was a crime committed? Nashua police are not certain - 0
- Nashua must decide on parkway project's bridge aesthetics - 0
SCORE workshop offers social media tips
Minimum wages: Maximum spin
Hooksett votes down Pinkerton schools deal
Hooksett has five new school board members
A CIA bombshell: Feinstein and the Fourth