Home » News » Weather » Storm Blog
Snow emergency declared in Manchester
The city declared a "Snow Emergency" Friday morning that goes into effect at 10 p.m. and continues through 6 a.m. Saturday. During the ban, no vehicles may be parked on city streets.
Cars remaining on the streets will be towed and stored at the lot at Derryfield Park, off Bridge Street. To get your car back, you'll have to present proof of ownership and pay $110 in cash, by certified check or money order payable to the City of Manchester. The payment must be made within 24 hours of the vehicle being towed, otherwise expect to pay additional towing and storage fees.
The city has two locations available for free parking during snow emergencies: The Victory Parking Garage, at Chestnut and Amherst streets, and the Pearl Street parking lot. Both lots have limited space available.
The Victory Garage is available from 10 p.m. Friday to 6 a.m. Saturday. The Pearl Street lot is open from 5:30 p.m. Friday to 8 a.m. Friday.
A snow emergency is called to allow city crews to plow the full width of the streets to allow access for emergency vehicles and for parking.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Nashua’s State of the City speech postponed by snow - 0
- No major accidents reported in Goffstown - 0
- Expect Route 3A to be closed in Bow until 8 p.m. - 0
- I-93 at a standstill in Hooksett-Concord area - 0
- Dover offices and library close early Tuesday - 0
- Storm closes down town hall and cancels meetings in Farmington Tuesday - 0
- Belmont hearing on Route 106 road work postponed - 0
- Several accidents reported in Londonderry - 0
- Hudson's Rogers Memorial Library closes early - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Turnout light in Derry as of early afternoon - 0
- John DiStaso's Granite Status: Shaheen among speakers at Senate Dems' climate change 'talkathon' - 1
- Sheriff, chief question Shaheen’s recent vote on controversial Obama nominee - 0
- Low turnout seen in early Lakes Region polling - 0
- Goffstown residents slow to vote so far - 0
- Dover police convince local man to go to hospital for evaluation - 0
- Milton residents considering big issues at the polls Tuesday - 0
- Bedford man sentenced for lobster trap thefts - 0
- Voting is not just for adults in Windham - 0
Taken for a ride: Hooksett’s Pinkerton deal
John DiStaso's Granite Status: Shaheen among speakers at Senate Dems' climate change 'talkathon'
Manchester schools project budget surplus