Home » News » Weather » Storm Blog
Snow emergency declared in Manchester
The city declared a "Snow Emergency" Friday morning that goes into effect at 10 p.m. and continues through 6 a.m. Saturday. During the ban, no vehicles may be parked on city streets.
Cars remaining on the streets will be towed and stored at the lot at Derryfield Park, off Bridge Street. To get your car back, you'll have to present proof of ownership and pay $110 in cash, by certified check or money order payable to the City of Manchester. The payment must be made within 24 hours of the vehicle being towed, otherwise expect to pay additional towing and storage fees.
The city has two locations available for free parking during snow emergencies: The Victory Parking Garage, at Chestnut and Amherst streets, and the Pearl Street parking lot. Both lots have limited space available.
The Victory Garage is available from 10 p.m. Friday to 6 a.m. Saturday. The Pearl Street lot is open from 5:30 p.m. Friday to 8 a.m. Friday.
A snow emergency is called to allow city crews to plow the full width of the streets to allow access for emergency vehicles and for parking.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Granite Staters lifts UConn baseball team in NCAAs - 0
- Berlin native Gendron is new Maine ice coach - 0
- Goffstown’s Bourque heads UNH hockey recuiting list - 0
- Granite State players help college teams to playoffs - 0
- Franklin Pierce ousted from NCAA Div. II baseball championship - 0
- Sloppy FPU outslugged at World Series - 0
- Dionne, Duprey help Duke - 0
- Franklin Pierce opens D-II World Series with win - 1
- NCAA finals a first for most FPU Ravens - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- 21 in Concord wake to find their tires slashed - 0
- House proposes special session to decide Medicaid expansion - 2
- NH man to be tried in $13 million mortgage fraud scheme - 0
- UPDATE: Elderly Nashua couple were stabbed to death - 3
- UPDATE: Police say man found dead outside Wall Street Towers jumped - 4
- House, Senate at standoff over vaccines, voter registration bill - 0
- Rochester parents called to court to answer for truant children - 2
- Exeter High teachers' resignations announced at meeting - 0
- Rochester woman under arrest in underage party - 0
Voter restrictions: Who will govern us?
UPDATED: Apology issued for naming of Boston bomber as a victim of gun violence at Concord rally