Home » News » Weather » Storm Blog
Snow emergency declared in Manchester
The city declared a "Snow Emergency" Friday morning that goes into effect at 10 p.m. and continues through 6 a.m. Saturday. During the ban, no vehicles may be parked on city streets.
Cars remaining on the streets will be towed and stored at the lot at Derryfield Park, off Bridge Street. To get your car back, you'll have to present proof of ownership and pay $110 in cash, by certified check or money order payable to the City of Manchester. The payment must be made within 24 hours of the vehicle being towed, otherwise expect to pay additional towing and storage fees.
The city has two locations available for free parking during snow emergencies: The Victory Parking Garage, at Chestnut and Amherst streets, and the Pearl Street parking lot. Both lots have limited space available.
The Victory Garage is available from 10 p.m. Friday to 6 a.m. Saturday. The Pearl Street lot is open from 5:30 p.m. Friday to 8 a.m. Friday.
A snow emergency is called to allow city crews to plow the full width of the streets to allow access for emergency vehicles and for parking.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Taken for a ride: Hooksett’s Pinkerton deal - 3
- Bedford’s road bond: A good deal for a big fix - 1
- Legislative ethics: NH way works better than most - 0
- Blue shame: Obamacare's big change - 18
- Obamacare's new trick: Only temporary relief - 21
- Banning cell phones: Impulse shopping in the House - 10
- Bad Joe: Levasseur stalls again - 2
- Good Joe: Kenney for Executive Council - 1
- Insurance exchange: NH Dems, GOP switch sides - 2
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Manchester man who defrauded banks in mortgage foreclosure scheme gets 6 years - 0
- March storm brings accumulation mystery, maybe misery - 0
- Manchester’s Slebodnick stars in Cornell’s title win - 0
- NHIAA Girls’ Div. I final four offers intriguing matchups - 0
- Goffstown voters have lots to consider with schools - 0
- With snow budget depleted, Nashua dips into trust fund - 0
- Manchester CrimeWatch: Graffiti charge keeps teen’s bail from changing - 0
- Police union contract a top concern for Bedford voters - 0
- Proposed school budget creates stir in Allenstown - 0
Taken for a ride: Hooksett’s Pinkerton deal
Manchester schools project budget surplus