Home » News » Weather » Storm Blog
Update from Governor Hassan on state's response to snow storm
"Though it may seem like the storm has eased in many areas, we will continue to see strong winds into the afternoon hours, leading to heavy drifting and dangerous driving conditions," said Governor Hassan. "New Hampshire residents should continue to stay off the roads if at all possible until midafternoon today. In addition, we are closely watching developments on the Seacoast as we reach high tide and the risk of flooding increases. Our state emergency response personnel stand ready to assist local communities in any way possible to respond to any flooding. Please be extremely cautious if you see flooding and alert your local first responders as soon as possible."
The Governor is also encouraging residents to be safe as they dig out from the snow.
"I urge people to please be careful and aware of your surroundings as you clean up," said Governor Hassan. "Be sure to check heating, dryer and other vents on the outside of your house to be sure they are clear. And please check on and help your neighbors, especially the elderly and those who experience disabilities, and help local first responders by clearing snow around nearby fire hydrants."
Yesterday evening, Governor Hassan declared a State of Emergency for New Hampshire, allowing the Governor to mobilize state assets and resources more effectively in response to the storm.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Nashua’s State of the City speech postponed by snow - 0
- No major accidents reported in Goffstown - 0
- Expect Route 3A to be closed in Bow until 8 p.m. - 0
- I-93 at a standstill in Hooksett-Concord area - 0
- Dover offices and library close early Tuesday - 0
- Storm closes down town hall and cancels meetings in Farmington Tuesday - 0
- Belmont hearing on Route 106 road work postponed - 0
- Several accidents reported in Londonderry - 0
- Hudson's Rogers Memorial Library closes early - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Londonderry councilors critical of town’s economic development website - 0
- Candia teen faces more counts in connection with burglary - 0
- Suspect arrested, loot recovered 10 minutes after Derry bank robbery - 0
- Ellsbury propels Yanks over Sox - 0
- Bruins shut out Wings - 0
- Phaneuf leads Derryfield laxers past Pelham - 0
- High School Volleyball results - 0
- Manchester Crimewatch: Teen recruited juvenile for burglaries - 0
- Cell phones, speakers stolen in separate incidents - 0
Younger of two brothers convicted of murdering parents quietly released after 18 years in prison
Shaheen touts land conservation fund
High School Volleyball results
Bruins shut out Wings
Prepare to pay more to park in Manchester
Secret arrests? Not if we can help it
Latest Groton wind farm fight: Snow plowing