Home » News » Weather » Storm Blog
Storm forces Bruins to postpone contest
The game was originally moved from a matinee to a 7:05 start, but was postponed at mid-afternoon Saturday as a result of a blizzard that dropped as much as two feet of snow in the Boston area.
Bruins officials said that while both teams and game officials were on hand, there was a concern that because of the closure of the MBTA, Garden workers would not be able to arrive in time for the contest.
The problem NHL officials now face in this strike-shortened season, with a compacted schedule, is that the two teams do not have matching open dates the rest of season without forcing one of the two teams to play games on three consecutive nights.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Dave D'Onofrio's Patriots Notebook: Incredible win tempered by loss of Gronkowski - 0
- National champion SNHU booters return home to big welcome - 0
- Allen Lessels' UNH Notebook: Football team on to SE Louisiana - 0
- Nashua aldermen set to vote on contract for teachers - 0
- Katie McQuaid's Scene in Manchester: Let there be Christmas lights - 0
- Plea deal possible in Littleton murder - 0
- New UNH logo draws mixed reactions - 0
- Gilmanton library may shut down if it doesn’t get funding - 0
- Father not convinced girl in video is Abigail Hernandez - 0
New UNH logo draws mixed reactions
UNH unveils new 'shield' logo
UNH lecturers seek to unionize
Word of Abby's letter spurs tips of no use