Home » News » Weather » Storm Blog
Storm forces Bruins to postpone contest
The game was originally moved from a matinee to a 7:05 start, but was postponed at mid-afternoon Saturday as a result of a blizzard that dropped as much as two feet of snow in the Boston area.
Bruins officials said that while both teams and game officials were on hand, there was a concern that because of the closure of the MBTA, Garden workers would not be able to arrive in time for the contest.
The problem NHL officials now face in this strike-shortened season, with a compacted schedule, is that the two teams do not have matching open dates the rest of season without forcing one of the two teams to play games on three consecutive nights.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Goffstown's Bourque impresses; Memorial, Bishop Guertin, Pinkerton win in Queen City Jamboree - 0
- Hanover boys soccer edges defense-minded BG - 0
- NH Fisher Cats, Pierre stun Rock Cats in 4-3 win - 0
- Helping hands for new St. Anselm students in Manchester on move in day - 0
- To market, to market: Market Basket shoppers flock on in - 0
- Nashua Market Basket employee: 'Worth every day of work lost' - 0
- NH teen killers to get sentence reviews after state Supreme Court decision - 0
- Manchester raid came 8 months after home invasion - 0
- NH killer in 1991 Smart trial seeks time with wife - 0
Where is Shaheen? Hiding from you
Enter to win tickets to see Paula Poundstone
Goffstown's Bourque impresses; Memorial, Bishop Guertin, Pinkerton win in Queen City Jamboree
Hooksett highs: A good multiple choice test