Home » News » Weather » Storm Blog
Storm forces Bruins to postpone contest
The game was originally moved from a matinee to a 7:05 start, but was postponed at mid-afternoon Saturday as a result of a blizzard that dropped as much as two feet of snow in the Boston area.
Bruins officials said that while both teams and game officials were on hand, there was a concern that because of the closure of the MBTA, Garden workers would not be able to arrive in time for the contest.
The problem NHL officials now face in this strike-shortened season, with a compacted schedule, is that the two teams do not have matching open dates the rest of season without forcing one of the two teams to play games on three consecutive nights.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Franklin Pierce's Kirsh to retire as AD - 0
- UNH Wildcat gridders can't stop Toledo, 54-20 - 0
- UNH Wildcats volleyball looking forward to good season - 0
- Dave D'Onofrio's Patriots Notebook: Pats' cuts hold few surprises - 0
- New-look Boston Red Sox taking test run - 0
- NH Fisher Cats bats silenced in Conn., in 3-1 loss - 0
- Boston Red Sox limited to one hit in loss to Tampa Bay, 7-0 - 0
- Donald Trump to headline 1st Amendment event in NH - 0
- Ted Siefer's City Hall: Drivers education to science, meeting all about the kids - 0
Mount Washington Auto Road to host largest gathering of alternative-energy based vehicles in North America