Home » News » Weather » Storm Blog
Storm forces Bruins to postpone contest
The game was originally moved from a matinee to a 7:05 start, but was postponed at mid-afternoon Saturday as a result of a blizzard that dropped as much as two feet of snow in the Boston area.
Bruins officials said that while both teams and game officials were on hand, there was a concern that because of the closure of the MBTA, Garden workers would not be able to arrive in time for the contest.
The problem NHL officials now face in this strike-shortened season, with a compacted schedule, is that the two teams do not have matching open dates the rest of season without forcing one of the two teams to play games on three consecutive nights.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- 65 mph OK for E-ZPass drivers with opening of new lanes at Hooksett toll plaza - 0
- Updated: NH Senate kills House-passed gas, tobacco tax hikes - 0
- Senate Finance Committee rejects Medicaid expansion - 8
- Man wielding pipe robs Cumberland Farms in Goffstown - 0
- Buchholz moves to 7-0 as Red Sox post win - 0
- Gambling bill scuttled, 'Now it is going to be really tough' for budget - 29
- NHIAA Roundup: BG girls’ tennis team sweeps Pinkerton - 0
- NHIAA box scores, summaries for May 22 - 0
- Officials say Goffstown High ‘safe’ after threat of violence - 1
License revocations for DWI announced
Memorial Day events in New Hampshire