Home » News » Weather » Storm Blog
Storm forces Bruins to postpone contest
The game was originally moved from a matinee to a 7:05 start, but was postponed at mid-afternoon Saturday as a result of a blizzard that dropped as much as two feet of snow in the Boston area.
Bruins officials said that while both teams and game officials were on hand, there was a concern that because of the closure of the MBTA, Garden workers would not be able to arrive in time for the contest.
The problem NHL officials now face in this strike-shortened season, with a compacted schedule, is that the two teams do not have matching open dates the rest of season without forcing one of the two teams to play games on three consecutive nights.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Nashua’s State of the City speech postponed by snow - 0
- No major accidents reported in Goffstown - 0
- Expect Route 3A to be closed in Bow until 8 p.m. - 0
- I-93 at a standstill in Hooksett-Concord area - 0
- Dover offices and library close early Tuesday - 0
- Storm closes down town hall and cancels meetings in Farmington Tuesday - 0
- Belmont hearing on Route 106 road work postponed - 0
- Several accidents reported in Londonderry - 0
- Hudson's Rogers Memorial Library closes early - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Minor injury in crash at Concord airport - 0
- Salem man faces DWI charge after Manchester crash - 0
- Garry Rayno's State House Dome: It's time to make legislative sausage - 0
- Memory of bombings remains vivid for those who were there - 0
- Ted Siefer's City Hall: No power play in aldermanic chambers, mayor in good spirits - 1
- On Baseball: Locke pitches game in minor league rehab - 0
- NH's top prospects happy to be part of Boston - 0
- Relative newcomers vie for Boston title - 0
- NH College Notebook: Franklin Pierce's King named to 18U coaching staff - 0
Man electrocuted at Keene brush fire
A cellphone ban: Ignoring inconvenient data
Mike Cote's Business Editor's Notebook: Restaurant owner faces up to challenge of Obamacare
'He is risen': 'As he said'