NHIAA Roundup: Pinkerton wins hockey contest, loses a top defenseman
Dom Corsetto collected two goals and two assists for Pinkerton, which has won four of its last five games. The Astros led 1-0 after one period and 3-1 entering the third.
The loss dropped North's record to 5-9-0. The Titans entered the contest with a four-game winning streak.
Pinkerton coach Casey Kesselring said John Hamilton, one of Pinkerton's top defensemen, suffered a broken wrist early in the third period and will likely be lost for the season.
Pinkerton 5, Nashua North 1
North (5-9-0) 0 1 0 — 1
Pinkerton (8-6-0) 1 2 2 — 5
First: P - Dom Corsetto (Tyler Poole) 6:34 shg.
Second: N - Jon Wilson (Jon Searles) 1:35; P - D. Corsetto (Cam Verrier) 8:46; P - Connor Brady (Dom Corsetto, Giovanni Corsetto) 12:53 ppg.
Third: P - G. Corsetto (Devin Moore, D. Corsetto) 7:23 ppg; P - Jake Veilleux (Poole) 14:55.
Goalies: P - Nate Mitchell 29; N - Jake Genest 25.
Twin bill in Nashua<br /><br />
There will be an NHIAA boys' basketball doubleheader featuring four Division I teams at Nashua North today.
Pinkerton Academy of Derry (3-8) will meet Nashua North (3-8) at 3:30 p.m.; and Bishop Guertin of Nashua (8-3) will face Nashua South (8-3) at 5 p.m.
In girls' basketball, Pinkerton Academy (13-0) will play Nashua North (12-1) in Derry. That contest is scheduled to begin at 3:30 p.m.
All three games were originally scheduled to be played Friday night, but were postponed because of the snowstorm.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Allen Lessels' UNH Notebook: Wildcats have come a long way - 0
- Another weekend, another three games for Monarchs - 0
- Another View -- Mark S. MacKenzie: Raising minimum wage would lift NH families out of poverty - 0
- Pray for safety: The state did not provide it - 0
- Big league gambling: AG makes right call on casinos - 0
- Students add their special touch to Christmas - 0
- Chargers edge Manning, Broncos, 27-20 - 0
- Iginla strikes twice as red-hot Bruins top Oilers - 0
- NHIAA Roundup: Bow's balance too much for Kearsarge - 0
Symphony NH plans pair of holiday events
Hooksett man arrested on assault charges
Driver was trying to kill himself
NH reps eyeing budget deal
Decision to tap F&G habitat fund explained
Big tipper stops for lunch
Keene to appeal Robin Hood rulings