NHIAA Roundup: Pinkerton wins hockey contest, loses a top defenseman
Dom Corsetto collected two goals and two assists for Pinkerton, which has won four of its last five games. The Astros led 1-0 after one period and 3-1 entering the third.
The loss dropped North's record to 5-9-0. The Titans entered the contest with a four-game winning streak.
Pinkerton coach Casey Kesselring said John Hamilton, one of Pinkerton's top defensemen, suffered a broken wrist early in the third period and will likely be lost for the season.
Pinkerton 5, Nashua North 1
North (5-9-0) 0 1 0 — 1
Pinkerton (8-6-0) 1 2 2 — 5
First: P - Dom Corsetto (Tyler Poole) 6:34 shg.
Second: N - Jon Wilson (Jon Searles) 1:35; P - D. Corsetto (Cam Verrier) 8:46; P - Connor Brady (Dom Corsetto, Giovanni Corsetto) 12:53 ppg.
Third: P - G. Corsetto (Devin Moore, D. Corsetto) 7:23 ppg; P - Jake Veilleux (Poole) 14:55.
Goalies: P - Nate Mitchell 29; N - Jake Genest 25.
Twin bill in Nashua<br /><br />
There will be an NHIAA boys' basketball doubleheader featuring four Division I teams at Nashua North today.
Pinkerton Academy of Derry (3-8) will meet Nashua North (3-8) at 3:30 p.m.; and Bishop Guertin of Nashua (8-3) will face Nashua South (8-3) at 5 p.m.
In girls' basketball, Pinkerton Academy (13-0) will play Nashua North (12-1) in Derry. That contest is scheduled to begin at 3:30 p.m.
All three games were originally scheduled to be played Friday night, but were postponed because of the snowstorm.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Hundreds turn out for annual Newfound Turkey Trot - 0
- Manchester, Derry road races draw more than 3,600 trotters - 0
- Holiday road, trail races aplenty across NH - 0
- Wobble 'n' Gobble run set for Thanksgiving in Franconia - 0
- Wolfeboro Turkey Trot aids Lions Club, food pantries - 0
- Andy Schachat's On the Run: Communities reap economic benefits from road races - 0
- Road issues bring future Hampton marathons into question - 0
- Andy Schachat's On the Run: Time has come for NH road racing Hall of Fame - 0
- Andy Schachat's On The Run: How big are NH races going to get? - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Couple charged in connection with Exeter burglaries - 0
- Proposed article sets rules for use of temporary signs - 0
- Newsreel: State unemployment stable; Gates Foundation CEO named; generic Viagra out soon - 0
- Leclerc takes second place in men's hockey - 0
- Trinity-Central game pushed to tonight - 0
- Derryfield's Hyde, Faulkner star in ski relays - 0
- Ian Clark's On Hockey: Goalies everywhere - 0
- 'The Granite Wall' stays solid as UNH marches into postseason - 0
- Lebanon City Hall renovation could move forward at hearing - 0
Shaheen, Ayotte split on House budget plan
State agrees to delete toll booth photos