NHIAA Roundup: Pinkerton wins hockey contest, loses a top defenseman
Dom Corsetto collected two goals and two assists for Pinkerton, which has won four of its last five games. The Astros led 1-0 after one period and 3-1 entering the third.
The loss dropped North's record to 5-9-0. The Titans entered the contest with a four-game winning streak.
Pinkerton coach Casey Kesselring said John Hamilton, one of Pinkerton's top defensemen, suffered a broken wrist early in the third period and will likely be lost for the season.
Pinkerton 5, Nashua North 1
North (5-9-0) 0 1 0 — 1
Pinkerton (8-6-0) 1 2 2 — 5
First: P - Dom Corsetto (Tyler Poole) 6:34 shg.
Second: N - Jon Wilson (Jon Searles) 1:35; P - D. Corsetto (Cam Verrier) 8:46; P - Connor Brady (Dom Corsetto, Giovanni Corsetto) 12:53 ppg.
Third: P - G. Corsetto (Devin Moore, D. Corsetto) 7:23 ppg; P - Jake Veilleux (Poole) 14:55.
Goalies: P - Nate Mitchell 29; N - Jake Genest 25.
Twin bill in Nashua<br /><br />
There will be an NHIAA boys' basketball doubleheader featuring four Division I teams at Nashua North today.
Pinkerton Academy of Derry (3-8) will meet Nashua North (3-8) at 3:30 p.m.; and Bishop Guertin of Nashua (8-3) will face Nashua South (8-3) at 5 p.m.
In girls' basketball, Pinkerton Academy (13-0) will play Nashua North (12-1) in Derry. That contest is scheduled to begin at 3:30 p.m.
All three games were originally scheduled to be played Friday night, but were postponed because of the snowstorm.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Dave D'Onofrio's Patriots Notebook: Incredible win tempered by loss of Gronkowski - 0
- National champion SNHU booters return home to big welcome - 0
- Allen Lessels' UNH Notebook: Football team on to SE Louisiana - 0
- Nashua aldermen set to vote on contract for teachers - 0
- Katie McQuaid's Scene in Manchester: Let there be Christmas lights - 0
- Plea deal possible in Littleton murder - 0
- New UNH logo draws mixed reactions - 0
- Gilmanton library may shut down if it doesn’t get funding - 0
- Father not convinced girl in video is Abigail Hernandez - 0
New UNH logo draws mixed reactions
UNH unveils new 'shield' logo
UNH lecturers seek to unionize
Word of Abby's letter spurs tips of no use