Home » News » Public Safety
Merrimack chimney fire quickly extinguished
Merrimack Fire Capt. Scott Simpson said crews were called to 8 Woodward Road at 8:11 p.m. on a report of a fire in a chimney. Upon arrival, firefighters saw that fire had spread into an adjacent wall.
Simpson said firefighters had the fire under control by 8:30 p.m., and prevented the flames from spreading elsewhere in the home.
The homeowner, who was home at the time of the fire, was able to stay in the house last night. Simpson estimated $5,000 or less of damage occurred to the chimney and wall.
No injuries were reported, and Simpson said while the exact cause of the fire is under investigation, it is not considered suspicious.
READER COMMENTS: 1
- Talk of 'wings on pigs' threats on police tests U.S. speech rights - 0
- Brentwood police look to increase coverage after officer's death in May - 4
- Londonderry schools placed on lockdown after soldier's unplanned visit to high school causes alarm - 38
- Police investigate report of shots fired - 0
- Manchester blaze that left dozens homeless was accidental - 0
- Milford woman injured in Bedford crash - 0
- Park on any side of the street in Manchester during Christmas week - 0
- NYC mayor wants protests on hold after police deaths - 0
- Mother of two says she's lucky, even though condo destroyed in blaze - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Two Manchester women arrested in separate shoplifting incidents in Hooksett - 1
- Maine police search car belonging to husband of Londonderry shooting victim - 0
- Man arrested after chase, threatening to shoot police in Bow - 0
- Good Samaritan pins Manchester purse snatcher - 0
- Homeless man who saved woman from river: 'I don't consider myself a hero' - 9
- High School Basketball: Rivalries renewed in QCIBT - 0
- Dave D'Onofrio's Patriots Notebook: Will they get everything on their list? - 0
- Tuohy brothers add new restaurant in familiar spot - 0
- New Horizons volunteers deliver groceries and good cheer, making Christmas special - 0
Londonderry schools placed on lockdown after soldier's unplanned visit to high school causes alarm
Police say woman tried to steal 15 iPads