Home » News » Public Safety
Merrimack chimney fire quickly extinguished
Merrimack Fire Capt. Scott Simpson said crews were called to 8 Woodward Road at 8:11 p.m. on a report of a fire in a chimney. Upon arrival, firefighters saw that fire had spread into an adjacent wall.
Simpson said firefighters had the fire under control by 8:30 p.m., and prevented the flames from spreading elsewhere in the home.
The homeowner, who was home at the time of the fire, was able to stay in the house last night. Simpson estimated $5,000 or less of damage occurred to the chimney and wall.
No injuries were reported, and Simpson said while the exact cause of the fire is under investigation, it is not considered suspicious.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Faulty lamp caused Manchester blaze - 0
- Burning baton twirler attracts Manchester fire truck - 0
- Another plane hits frozen Alton Bay - 0
- Police investigating crash after truck reportedly loses tire in Concord - 1
- Derry firefighters extinguish Jeep fire - 0
- Chemical spill in Newington business sends 6 to the hospital - 0
- Officials investigate suspicious Manchester blaze - 0
- UPDATED: Mass. man charged after hitting barrier at Bedford toll plaza - 2
- Massachusetts woman injured in Milan snowmobile crash - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Memorial heroic in NHIAA Div. I basketball semifinal defeat - 0
- Excess school money may target crowded classes in Manchester - 0
- Nashua board members apologize for signingCommon Core letter - 0
- Sen. Shaheen participates in all-night climate change ‘talkathon’ - 1
- Ian Clark's On Hockey: Monarchs' Derek Forbort in the right place at the right time - 0
- Educators, advocates speak to new standards for use of force - 0
- Two Manchester health clinics working on merger plan - 0
- Manchester CrimeWatch: City woman connected to fatal crash in court again - 0
- Franklin’s newest police recruit, a German shepherd pup, can smell trouble - 0
Allenstown rejects town and school budgets
John DiStaso's Granite Status: Shaheen among speakers at Senate Dems' climate change 'talkathon'