Home » News » Public Safety
Merrimack chimney fire quickly extinguished
Merrimack Fire Capt. Scott Simpson said crews were called to 8 Woodward Road at 8:11 p.m. on a report of a fire in a chimney. Upon arrival, firefighters saw that fire had spread into an adjacent wall.
Simpson said firefighters had the fire under control by 8:30 p.m., and prevented the flames from spreading elsewhere in the home.
The homeowner, who was home at the time of the fire, was able to stay in the house last night. Simpson estimated $5,000 or less of damage occurred to the chimney and wall.
No injuries were reported, and Simpson said while the exact cause of the fire is under investigation, it is not considered suspicious.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Backyard boulder kills Raymond homeowner - 1
- Merrimack police find car sticking into road, charge man - 0
- Police say impairment and speed not factors in fatal crash in Conway - 0
- Manchester man sustains life-threatening injuries in Bedford crash - 0
- Barrington man, 41, dies in cycle crash - 0
- Bay State man hurt in Ripley Falls fall - 0
- Veteran Arizona officer named Rindge police chief - 3
- NH gun license form must change, critics say - 10
- Rimmon Heights honors Manchester Community Policing Division - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- NH Motor Speedway to again host two Sprint Cup Series weekends in 2015 - 0
- St. Anselm football players practice ini August heat - 0
- White, Glenn lift Fisher Cats over Harrisburg, 6-4 - 0
- KSC field hockey first in coaches poll - 0
- New England Patriots guard Mankins traded to Tampa for TE Wright - 0
- NH Fisher Cat Lee still striving for making it to the major leagues - 0
- Former city restaurateur gets jail sentence for sex assault - 0
- Former high school art teacher gets suspended sentence in drug case - 0
- New Manchester school district standards to give teachers more leeway - 0
Backyard boulder kills Raymond homeowner
Market Basket: 'So close, yet so far'
Reports: Market Basket doomsday plan would shutter 61 of 71 stores if deal not struck soon
GOP for legal pot? Hemignway's high help
Ohio's Rob Portman: GOP can win back Senate