Providence Bruins hold off Monarchs
Torey Krug's second period goal stood tall as the Providence Bruins handed the Monarchs a 3-2 American Hockey League setback on Sunday.
Manchester (21-22-2-2), in fourth place in the Atlantic Division with 46 points, failed to make ground against second-place Providence (26-16-0-3, 55 points).
The Monarchs, who are on a five-game losing streak, trailed 2-0 in the first period on goals from Carter Camper and Craig Cunningham.
The Monarchs cut into Providence's lead with a goal by left wing Tanner Pearson at 10:15 of the second period to make it 2-1.
Tyler Toffoli sent a pass to Pearson in the slot and Pearson finished the play by wristing a shot midway up on the stick side of Bruins goaltender Niklas Svedberg for his 11th goal of the season.
Left wing David Meckler scored a goal just 37 seconds into the third period to bring the Monarchs within 3-2.
Manchester went 0-for-1 on the power play. Providence went 1-for-6 with the man advantage.
READER COMMENTS: 45
- Ignorance abounds: Obamacare and small businesses - 25
- Mayor development: Growth and a Manchester city office - 1
- Page One Editorial: Control of NH’s future: Today’s House vote will be one for the ages - 17
- Consider Nevada: Gambling always expands - 9
- Missing the point: The IRS scandal and state power - 27
- Helping panhandlers: A method worth trying in Manchester - 7
- For the people: A century of the NH primary - 0
- What innovation? The casino way is the lazy way - 10
- Not so merry: Giving Robin Hood a bad name - 4
READER COMMENTS: 0
- NHIAA Roundup: Bedford netmen earn spot in state final - 0
- NHIAA Scoreboard, May 24, 2013 - 0
- NHIAA Div. I Track: Lynch, North boys prevail - 0
- Two found dead in Belmont; one man detained as part of investigation - 0
- Weather may be more like Veterans Day than Memorial Day - 0
- Awards cap city's Small Business Week - 0
- Rock Cats-Fisher Cats suspended - 0
- Budget plan presses NH hospitals to join managed care networks - 0
- Students hold ceremony to honor flags - 0
NHIAA Scoreboard, May 24, 2013
Concert to aid Nashua man with rare disease
Win tickets to see American Idol Live!
Just say it: Our fight is with radical Islam
The casino vote: The House did its duty