Providence Bruins hold off Monarchs
Torey Krug's second period goal stood tall as the Providence Bruins handed the Monarchs a 3-2 American Hockey League setback on Sunday.
Manchester (21-22-2-2), in fourth place in the Atlantic Division with 46 points, failed to make ground against second-place Providence (26-16-0-3, 55 points).
The Monarchs, who are on a five-game losing streak, trailed 2-0 in the first period on goals from Carter Camper and Craig Cunningham.
The Monarchs cut into Providence's lead with a goal by left wing Tanner Pearson at 10:15 of the second period to make it 2-1.
Tyler Toffoli sent a pass to Pearson in the slot and Pearson finished the play by wristing a shot midway up on the stick side of Bruins goaltender Niklas Svedberg for his 11th goal of the season.
Left wing David Meckler scored a goal just 37 seconds into the third period to bring the Monarchs within 3-2.
Manchester went 0-for-1 on the power play. Providence went 1-for-6 with the man advantage.
READER COMMENTS: 2
- Bird blenders: 'Green energy' sacrifice - 8
- Joseph W. McQuaid: Prizes & playoffs: Well done, UNH - 1
- Where’s Waldo? Just ask the NSA - 13
- Joseph W. McQuaid: Keeping public in the dark isn't helping find Abigail - 26
- The Peace Light: A Christmas reminder for all - 0
- Doing 'less with less' Is that Gov. Hassan's new motto? - 11
- Washington Jeanne: Will Shaheen face her state? - 44
- McWages: They're about value - 82
- Night lights: Francestown freaks out - 1
READER COMMENTS: 0
- College roundup: Local men's teams go 3-0 for the night - 0
- Girls basketball: Derryfield, Bow girls' teams win - 0
- Hollis teen mourned after fatal crash on turnpike - 0
- Progress reported in Pinkerton-Hooksett high school deal - 0
- LGC subsidiary accused of violating its own bylaws - 0
- Turkey Bowl brawl: Central players suspended, no discipline for Trinity team - 0
- John Stark's 'We the People' gears up for civics competition - 0
- PSNH on defense over scrubber cost 'escalation' - 0
- Feds and state probe suspended county attorney's handling of funds - 0
Exeter drug sweep nets four
Win tickets to see Medium Lauren Rainbow
Wreaths Across America get big send-off
Bird blenders: 'Green energy' sacrifice
Anderson lewdness trial is delayed