Providence Bruins hold off Monarchs
Torey Krug's second period goal stood tall as the Providence Bruins handed the Monarchs a 3-2 American Hockey League setback on Sunday.
Manchester (21-22-2-2), in fourth place in the Atlantic Division with 46 points, failed to make ground against second-place Providence (26-16-0-3, 55 points).
The Monarchs, who are on a five-game losing streak, trailed 2-0 in the first period on goals from Carter Camper and Craig Cunningham.
The Monarchs cut into Providence's lead with a goal by left wing Tanner Pearson at 10:15 of the second period to make it 2-1.
Tyler Toffoli sent a pass to Pearson in the slot and Pearson finished the play by wristing a shot midway up on the stick side of Bruins goaltender Niklas Svedberg for his 11th goal of the season.
Left wing David Meckler scored a goal just 37 seconds into the third period to bring the Monarchs within 3-2.
Manchester went 0-for-1 on the power play. Providence went 1-for-6 with the man advantage.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Allen Lessels' UNH Notebook: Once more, with even more feeling - 0
- NH College Roundup: Dartmouth basketball team rips Maine - 0
- Dartmouth hockey team tops Harvard for first victory - 0
- Allen Lessels' UNH Notebook: Defense drives Wildcats' bus -- all the way to Orono - 1
- Men's Hockey: DeSmith posts shutout as Wildcats sweep Colorado College - 0
- College Football: Complete victory sees UNH move on in FCS playoffs - 1
- College Sports Roundup: SNHU falls in PAL/Stovepipe hockey play - 0
- NH College Notebook: Six SNHU men's soccer players named to All-East Region team - 0
- College Football: UNH overwhelms Lafayette in FCS first round - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- N.Y. man charged with reckless conduct after accidental shooting in Nashua - 0
- Cases against Keene 'Robin Hooders' dismissed by judge - 0
- Task force arrests man in Nottingham for Candia burglary - 0
- Police: Salem man used car keys to stab officer in hand - 0
- Manchester muffler shop burglarized - 0
- Boy, 12, struck in Newton remains hospitalized - 0
- State revenue under projections for November - 0
- Armed man arrested after Manchester convenience store robbery - 0
- Store cashier in Littleton refuses to give up the cash to robber - 0
UPDATE: Could be 'months' before deciding on charges in crash involving Dover city councilor
What Congress? Obama's 'easy way out'
Boy wounded by bullet was to be released