Providence Bruins hold off Monarchs
Torey Krug's second period goal stood tall as the Providence Bruins handed the Monarchs a 3-2 American Hockey League setback on Sunday.
Manchester (21-22-2-2), in fourth place in the Atlantic Division with 46 points, failed to make ground against second-place Providence (26-16-0-3, 55 points).
The Monarchs, who are on a five-game losing streak, trailed 2-0 in the first period on goals from Carter Camper and Craig Cunningham.
The Monarchs cut into Providence's lead with a goal by left wing Tanner Pearson at 10:15 of the second period to make it 2-1.
Tyler Toffoli sent a pass to Pearson in the slot and Pearson finished the play by wristing a shot midway up on the stick side of Bruins goaltender Niklas Svedberg for his 11th goal of the season.
Left wing David Meckler scored a goal just 37 seconds into the third period to bring the Monarchs within 3-2.
Manchester went 0-for-1 on the power play. Providence went 1-for-6 with the man advantage.
READER COMMENTS: 5
- Mile marker: Londonderry trail’s first step - 0
- Definitely broken: City's winter parking ban - 2
- What Congress? Obama's 'easy way out' - 26
- Closing classrooms: Relief for Webster, Beech Street schools in Manchester.? - 2
- Unwanted professors: How does one get fired at UNH? - 15
- Bumped for Benghazi: A reporter is held accountable - 3
- Dangerous Iran deal: Weakening sanctions is senseless - 2
- Freedom? Thanks for nothing, Obama - 83
- Christmas spirit: For whom do you shop? - 5
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Hudson man facing DWI charge after crash - 0
- Minimum wage rally at South Willow McDonald's - 5
- Frisbie hospital seeks hearing on network exclusion, information denial - 0
- Ayotte praised over attempt to change broadband funding - 0
- Pats prepare for Browns' bag of 'tricks' - 0
- Believe it: Celtics are in first - 0
- Vonn finishes training run, mulls entering Friday's race - 0
- Windham teachers' contract in mediation - 0
- College Roundup: Springfield shoots SNHU past FPU - 0
Dingman: Parole me for murder of parents
John DiStaso's Granite Status: Bob Smith ready to hire campaign manager for his 2014 US Senate run
John DiStaso's Granite Status: Scott Brown to be in Londonderry tonight, says 'nothing is really changed' on political plans