Sep 18, 2014
Sep 4, 2014
Aug 28, 2014
Aug 21, 2014
A crash, a flight and a police assault lands Manchester man in cuffs
The crash happened about 11 p.m. just south of Cedar Street. Both the pole and the abandoned vehicle were heavily damaged.
A witness provided police with a description of two men seen leaving the crash site. A short time later, officers saw two men fitting the description in the area of Orange and Union streets. One of them was identified by police as Michael Grollimund, 23, of 125 Orange St., who officers said was under the influence of alcohol.
Officers struggled with Grollimund as they were arresting him but ultimately handcuffed him. While waiting for the transport van, police said Grollimund became agitated, and when Officer James Powers attempted to pull him up to a standing position, Grollimund kicked him in the chest. A second struggle took place and Grollimund complied with officers' orders only after he was pepper-sprayed, police said.
Grollimund is charged with conduct after an accident, OUIL, resisting arrest and simple assault. The probation department also put a hold on him for a probation violation.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Police say man kills daughter, 6 grandchildren in Fla. murder-suicide - 0
- 2 men arrested in Manchester SWAT raid, drug bust - 3
- 2 women sentenced in Home Depot scam - 0
- Man accused of stabbing man in Concord's White Park - 0
- Friends, co-workers mourn loss of Amherst mother and son - 1
- Vermont father, two sons facing charges for Canobie Lake Park scuffle - 0
- Son used AK-47 to kill mother, then himself in Amherst home - 35
- Police arrest two following Portsmouth fight with hammer and knife - 0
- Mass. resident arrested on warrant tied to Pelham donation jar theft - 1
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Kuster, Shea-Porter split on arms for Syrians - 0
- Congress approves arming Syrian rebels, funding government - 0
- Study shows N.H.'s share of U.S. fouled air burden among smallest - 0
- Girl, grandmother escape fire in Rochester home with no detectors - 0
- Motorcyclist in serious condition after crash in Rochester - 0
- Dow, S&P 500 at records as rally continues - 0
- Ayotte pushes bill to combat 'spice' - 0
- Senate gives final passage to President Obama's plan for arming Syrian rebels - 0
- Manchester police officers to be honored for work in unresolved West Side stabbing death - 4
Casino gambles: Hopes dashed all over
Mark Hayward's City Matters: Dean Kamen is a genius inventor, and he's pretty good at oratory, too
- Mass. Supreme Judicial Court has found upskirt photos taken on a subway aren't illegal. Should such voyeurism be a crime?
- Total Votes: 917