May 22, 2013
May 15, 2013
May 8, 2013
May 1, 2013
A crash, a flight and a police assault lands Manchester man in cuffs
The crash happened about 11 p.m. just south of Cedar Street. Both the pole and the abandoned vehicle were heavily damaged.
A witness provided police with a description of two men seen leaving the crash site. A short time later, officers saw two men fitting the description in the area of Orange and Union streets. One of them was identified by police as Michael Grollimund, 23, of 125 Orange St., who officers said was under the influence of alcohol.
Officers struggled with Grollimund as they were arresting him but ultimately handcuffed him. While waiting for the transport van, police said Grollimund became agitated, and when Officer James Powers attempted to pull him up to a standing position, Grollimund kicked him in the chest. A second struggle took place and Grollimund complied with officers' orders only after he was pepper-sprayed, police said.
Grollimund is charged with conduct after an accident, OUIL, resisting arrest and simple assault. The probation department also put a hold on him for a probation violation.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Jury finds Chester man guilty of sex assault - 0
- License revocations for DWI announced - 0
- Hampton man indicted for Poker Room assault, robbery - 0
- UPDATED: Chester police seek two men in armed home invasion - 1
- Intruder, a burglar, and attempted break-in keep Manchester police busy - 0
- Mass. man charged in Nashua hit-and-run - 1
- Police say man held girlfriend in car, arrest him - 0
- Man gunned down on Manchester street was talented graffiti artist - 58
- Two had a NH history before brutal Bedford attack - 10
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Manchester police seek Food Mart robber - 0
- White Sox lefty Quintana shuts down Red Sox - 0
- Manchester mayor to oversee economic development office - 0
- NHIAA boxscores, summaries for May 21 - 0
- NHIAA Roundup: Bedford rolls in NHIAA tennis tournament opener - 0
- Franklin Pierce to play Shippensburg in Div. II baseball World Series - 0
- Amendola getting up to speed with Patriots - 0
- Roger Brown's Diamond Notes: Londonderry’s double threat - 0
- No curbside collections in Manchester on Monday - 0
Manchester police seek Food Mart robber
Reviving the Piscataqua River Wherry
Experts weigh in on UNH logo designs
- Should applicants for jobless benefits have to pass a drug test?
- Total Votes: 1424