Aug 28, 2014
Aug 21, 2014
Aug 14, 2014
Jul 24, 2014
Police dog Bud tracks down man after Manchester robbery
The 28-year-old clerk told police he was in the office of the 298 Queen City Ave. hotel about 8 p.m. when he saw a man trying to get into the register.
He confronted the man, who proceeded to walk out the front door. The clerk chased after him, confronting him again outside the hotel and demanded the man return the cash. Instead of returning the money, the thief punched the clerk in the face and then ran off, police said.
The clerk complained of pain to his jaw and neck and was transported to the hospital. Police called in K-9 Bud, who tracked a man across the Queen City Bridge to the Elliot at River's Edge and ultimately to the lower level of the parking garage where police said Kevin Gearhart, 47, of 1269 Elm St., was trying to hide near the elevator.
He was arrested and charged with robbery.
The robbery was captured on video surveillance, which investigators reviewed and positively identified Gearhart as the individual recorded, police said. Investigators said he also had an amount of money on him that was consistent with what was taken from the register.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Police say North Hampton man distributed child sex abuse images - 0
- Sexual assault charge in Keene - 0
- Keene man charged with threatening Nelson teen with gun - 0
- More details released about Nashua drive-by shooting - 0
- Portsmouth man charged with two felony drug counts - 0
- Affidavits show woman was shot as feds conducted downtown Manchester drug raid - 0
- Newton man charged with kidnapping, sexual assault of 15-year-old Mass. girl - 1
- Two felony charges for alleged Portsmouth drug dealer - 0
- Nashua man arrested in violent purse snatching - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- On Baseball: Fisher Cats manager Meacham learned a few things, too - 0
- First and 10: Old No. 1 begins as new No. 1 - 0
- NHIAA Girls' Soccer Preview: All eyes on Bedford, Exeter - 0
- Another View -- Dan McGuire: We Free Staters are not some threat to be feared - 0
- Taxpayer rights: Left, right should restore them - 0
- Hooksett highs: A good multiple choice test - 0
- No paper Monday - 0
- Patriots' Garoppolo solid, but Giants eke out 16-13 win in preseason finale - 0
- Education business tax credit program upheld - 0
Enter to win tickets to see Paula Poundstone
Win tickets to see Steven Wright
Where is Shaheen? Hiding from you
Tuition tax credits make a return
- Mass. Supreme Judicial Court has found upskirt photos taken on a subway aren't illegal. Should such voyeurism be a crime?
- Total Votes: 917