May 22, 2013
May 15, 2013
May 8, 2013
May 1, 2013
Police dog Bud tracks down man after Manchester robbery
The 28-year-old clerk told police he was in the office of the 298 Queen City Ave. hotel about 8 p.m. when he saw a man trying to get into the register.
He confronted the man, who proceeded to walk out the front door. The clerk chased after him, confronting him again outside the hotel and demanded the man return the cash. Instead of returning the money, the thief punched the clerk in the face and then ran off, police said.
The clerk complained of pain to his jaw and neck and was transported to the hospital. Police called in K-9 Bud, who tracked a man across the Queen City Bridge to the Elliot at River's Edge and ultimately to the lower level of the parking garage where police said Kevin Gearhart, 47, of 1269 Elm St., was trying to hide near the elevator.
He was arrested and charged with robbery.
The robbery was captured on video surveillance, which investigators reviewed and positively identified Gearhart as the individual recorded, police said. Investigators said he also had an amount of money on him that was consistent with what was taken from the register.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Man wielding pipe robs Cumberland Farms in Goffstown - 0
- Portsmouth manhunt suspect turns himself in to police - 0
- License revocations for DWI announced - 0
- Manchester murder case remains 'active' - 0
- Manchester man gets federal prison time for mail fraud - 0
- Duo allegedly chased off by Windham neighbor with broom indicted over break-in - 6
- Plea deal expected for man who tried to take officer's gun - 0
- Rochester man facing up to 30 years in prison for brutal assault - 1
- Man who confronts burglar in Nashua gets bit - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- White powder in Salem shipping container posed no serious risks - 0
- 65 mph OK for E-ZPass drivers with opening of new lanes at Hooksett toll plaza - 0
- Updated: NH Senate kills House-passed gas, tobacco tax hikes - 1
- Senate Finance Committee rejects Medicaid expansion - 11
- Buchholz moves to 7-0 as Red Sox post win - 0
- Gambling bill scuttled, 'Now it is going to be really tough' for budget - 30
- NHIAA Roundup: BG girls’ tennis team sweeps Pinkerton - 0
- NHIAA box scores, summaries for May 22 - 0
- Officials say Goffstown High ‘safe’ after threat of violence - 1
License revocations for DWI announced
- Should applicants for jobless benefits have to pass a drug test?
- Total Votes: 1424