Apr 10, 2014
Apr 3, 2014
Mar 12, 2014
Mar 5, 2014
Police dog Bud tracks down man after Manchester robbery
The 28-year-old clerk told police he was in the office of the 298 Queen City Ave. hotel about 8 p.m. when he saw a man trying to get into the register.
He confronted the man, who proceeded to walk out the front door. The clerk chased after him, confronting him again outside the hotel and demanded the man return the cash. Instead of returning the money, the thief punched the clerk in the face and then ran off, police said.
The clerk complained of pain to his jaw and neck and was transported to the hospital. Police called in K-9 Bud, who tracked a man across the Queen City Bridge to the Elliot at River's Edge and ultimately to the lower level of the parking garage where police said Kevin Gearhart, 47, of 1269 Elm St., was trying to hide near the elevator.
He was arrested and charged with robbery.
The robbery was captured on video surveillance, which investigators reviewed and positively identified Gearhart as the individual recorded, police said. Investigators said he also had an amount of money on him that was consistent with what was taken from the register.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Manchester Crimewatch: Man accused of writing company checks to himself - 0
- Police say man clocked doing 100 on Route 11 in Wilmot - 0
- Portsmouth arrests 2 for heroin sales - 2
- Student brings knife into Nashua school - 0
- Ex-director jailed for theft from Londonderry nursery school - 1
- Ex-coach found not guilty on sexual assault charges a second time - 9
- Derry woman accused of burglaries - 0
- Scam artists calling PSNH customers, demand money - 0
- Manchester police investigate home invasion on Merrimack Street - 0
READER COMMENTS: 3
- 2 officers, Weare face civil suit over 2012 burglary arrest - 1
- Roger Brown's Diamond Notes: Central the early surprise in baseball ranks - 0
- Death & justice: Officer Briggs is not forgotten - 0
- Decency displayed: Havenstein's nice start - 0
- P-Bruins in fight to finish - 0
- NHIAA Roundup: Dubois' homer lifts BG girls over Exeter - 0
- Sox rally in ninth to win - 0
- Fisher Cats' hitters can't solve Binghamton hurlers - 0
- Burglars take $210K in cash from safe in Salem home - 0
Portsmouth arrests 2 for heroin sales
IT overload: Bureaucracy on bureaucracy
Decency displayed: Havenstein's nice start
- Mass. Supreme Judicial Court has found upskirt photos taken on a subway aren't illegal. Should such voyeurism be a crime?
- Total Votes: 917