Nov 14, 2013
Nov 6, 2013
Oct 30, 2013
Oct 23, 2013
Police dog Bud tracks down man after Manchester robbery
The 28-year-old clerk told police he was in the office of the 298 Queen City Ave. hotel about 8 p.m. when he saw a man trying to get into the register.
He confronted the man, who proceeded to walk out the front door. The clerk chased after him, confronting him again outside the hotel and demanded the man return the cash. Instead of returning the money, the thief punched the clerk in the face and then ran off, police said.
The clerk complained of pain to his jaw and neck and was transported to the hospital. Police called in K-9 Bud, who tracked a man across the Queen City Bridge to the Elliot at River's Edge and ultimately to the lower level of the parking garage where police said Kevin Gearhart, 47, of 1269 Elm St., was trying to hide near the elevator.
He was arrested and charged with robbery.
The robbery was captured on video surveillance, which investigators reviewed and positively identified Gearhart as the individual recorded, police said. Investigators said he also had an amount of money on him that was consistent with what was taken from the register.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Maine man faces charges for alleged baseball bat beating - 0
- Man holds car thief at bay with gun until police arrive - 0
- Corrections officials may delay mail restrictions - 0
- City logs 2 robberies within 45 minutes - 0
- Police say man kept suspect at gunpoint in Nashua hospital parking lot - 0
- Loan company and its officials accused of operating illegally in NH - 3
- Two robberies within 45 minutes in Manchester - 2
- Former Berlin man to be sentenced April 1 for credit union robbery - 0
- Knife-wielding robbers target two stores in Manchester - 2
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Trinity-Central game pushed to tonight - 0
- Derryfield's Hyde, Faulkner star in ski relays - 0
- Ian Clark's On Hockey: Goalies everywhere - 0
- 'The Granite Wall' stays solid as UNH marches into postseason - 0
- Lebanon City Hall renovation could move forward at hearing - 0
- Belmont makes deal to sell Winnisquam fire station for $240,000 - 0
- Salem's North Broadway may see another new retail plaza - 0
- 'Hour of Code' taps student creativity - 0
- $3.6 million roundabout near Nashua-Hudson line advances - 0
Shaheen, Ayotte split on House budget plan
State agrees to delete toll booth photos
- Should applicants for jobless benefits have to pass a drug test?
- Total Votes: 1424