Home » Sports » Motor Sports
Laconia Sled Dog Derby set for competition Feb. 22-24
Diane Lyman, spokesman for the race, said organizers decided late last month to postpone the race because there was no snow.
She said races can be held on ice, but enough snow is needed to allow for a snow hook, which allows a sled driver to brake. The three days of races draw anywhere from 30 to 45 teams, which come from New England, the Midwest and Canada.
For more information, visit www.lrsdc.org
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Registration Open for Free Winter Indoor Archery Leagues - Holderness - 0
- Amherst ready to celebrate season with tree lighting Friday - 0
- Bedford girl who loved ballet loses cancer battle - 0
- Bethlehem students prepare Trees for Troops - 0
- New Hampshire's most iconic entertainment venue keeps the pedal to the medal. - 0
- North Country’s former longtime Union Leader news carrier dies - 0
- Londonderry officials: Tree stands on conservation land are troubling - 17
- Salem High School science teacher aims high with study of ozone layer - 0
- Salem settles on figure for proposed high school project - 0
Bethlehem students prepare Trees for Troops
Win tickets to see Monster Jam
What Congress? Obama's 'easy way out'
Boy wounded by bullet was to be released