Laconia Sled Dog Derby set for competition Feb. 22-24
Diane Lyman, spokesman for the race, said organizers decided late last month to postpone the race because there was no snow.
She said races can be held on ice, but enough snow is needed to allow for a snow hook, which allows a sled driver to brake. The three days of races draw anywhere from 30 to 45 teams, which come from New England, the Midwest and Canada.
For more information, visit www.lrsdc.org
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Roots-rock jam band hits the road to showcase tunes off its latest disc - 0
- Holiday Arts Show to showcase fifteen Seacoast artists - 0
- Livingston Taylor brings sunny outlook to NH with 'Blue Sky' - 0
- Student performers present handful of concerts at UNH - 0
- 'Experience' tribute to Hendrix by fellow ax master Jon Butcher - 0
- Edgy 'Daily Show' resident expert John Hodgman shares opinion on humor - 0
- Manchester native, 'Voice' alum Josh Logan returns for hometown concert - 1
- Best-selling author Janet Evanovich chats about 'The Job' - 0
- Community members, Colby-Sawyer students sign on for holiday concert - 0
Hooksett rejects Manchester's tuition offer
Whimsy, physics unite in 'Objects in Motion'
Shaheen, Ayotte split on Keystone vote
King Obama: Creating a constitutional crisis
Premiums drop, so do subsidies for Obamacare
Former mayor makes pitch for commuter rail
VA wait times: They are still bad