Laconia Sled Dog Derby set for competition Feb. 22-24
Diane Lyman, spokesman for the race, said organizers decided late last month to postpone the race because there was no snow.
She said races can be held on ice, but enough snow is needed to allow for a snow hook, which allows a sled driver to brake. The three days of races draw anywhere from 30 to 45 teams, which come from New England, the Midwest and Canada.
For more information, visit www.lrsdc.org
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Tasting Notes with Jim Beauregard: Turkey Day wines and a resource for brewers - 0
- Hopkinton vigil sheds a light on bullying - 0
- Goffstown taking aim at invasive species - 0
- First graders enjoy early Thanksgiving feast - 0
- Dover to hold 29th annual Christmas tree lighting ceremony - 0
- Manchester Christmas Parade steps off Dec. 6 - 0
- A Chat with Elsie: Silent auction, dancing highlights at 'Holiday of Hope' on Dec. 5 - 0
- After board OK's extension, Manchester mayor slams Hooksett tuition offer - 1
- Operation Santa helps disabled, elderly residents - 0
Flying in for some homestyle cooking
Goffstown taking aim at invasive species
First graders enjoy early Thanksgiving feast
Hopkinton vigil sheds a light on bullying
Pipes and plans: A chance to show up Mass.
Manchester school exec contract squeaks by
Your Turn, NH -- Mike Moffett: Republicans can win in 2016 with Kasich at the top of the ticket
On being American: A point for reflection