Laconia Sled Dog Derby set for competition Feb. 22-24
Diane Lyman, spokesman for the race, said organizers decided late last month to postpone the race because there was no snow.
She said races can be held on ice, but enough snow is needed to allow for a snow hook, which allows a sled driver to brake. The three days of races draw anywhere from 30 to 45 teams, which come from New England, the Midwest and Canada.
For more information, visit www.lrsdc.org
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Keene gallery explores artistic experiences among American artists of African descent - 0
- Ben Laine to perform at the Rochester Opera House - 0
- Kim Simmons and Savoy Brown rock Tupelo Saturday - 0
- 10th annual Portsmouth Fairy Tour flits into Seacoast - 0
- Eric Church, Dwight Yoakam headed to NH - 0
- Joan Osborne to perform at Tupelo - 0
- Get lost in Moulton Farms' corn maze 'til the cows come home - 0
- College life — good and bad — at heart of play - 0
- PSU takes drive along celebrated Route 66 corridor in fall exhibit - 0
Win tickets to see Demi Lovato
NH couple hit slot for $2.4m in Las Vegas
Win tickets to see Kip Moore
Win tickets to see the John Butler Trio
Enter to win tickets to see the Dirty Heads
Windham's Advanced Placement program growing
Claremont 250th includes festival, brewfest
Another View -- Bill Duncan: What did the NH Supreme Court really say about private school funding?
Every vote counts: Here is the proof
Casino gambles: Hopes dashed all over