Laconia Sled Dog Derby set for competition Feb. 22-24
Diane Lyman, spokesman for the race, said organizers decided late last month to postpone the race because there was no snow.
She said races can be held on ice, but enough snow is needed to allow for a snow hook, which allows a sled driver to brake. The three days of races draw anywhere from 30 to 45 teams, which come from New England, the Midwest and Canada.
For more information, visit www.lrsdc.org
READER COMMENTS: 2
- American Life in Poetry: 'The Kiss' - 0
- Tax prep program also helps Derry residents with financial advice - 0
- Nominations open for Salem Children's Champion Award - 0
- Cornucopia Project continues free film series - 0
- NH's 4,000-footers pose no challenge for Dusty - 0
- Londonderry Travel Plaza is open for business - 0
- Amherst race to honor fallen athlete - 0
- Just under 100 participate in Kiwanis ice fishing derby - 0
- Snow sculpting attracts competitors to Jackson - 0
Granite State volunteers honor MLK's legacy
Harrigan closes up camp
Win tickets to see Black Label Society
Jonah Goldberg: Is liberalism exhausted?
Obama, Netanyahu clash over Iran diplomacy