Laconia Sled Dog Derby set for competition Feb. 22-24
Diane Lyman, spokesman for the race, said organizers decided late last month to postpone the race because there was no snow.
She said races can be held on ice, but enough snow is needed to allow for a snow hook, which allows a sled driver to brake. The three days of races draw anywhere from 30 to 45 teams, which come from New England, the Midwest and Canada.
For more information, visit www.lrsdc.org
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Roomful Of Blues Celebrates 45 Years with New CD, 45 Live - 0
- A growing community of gardeners along Nashua rail trail - 0
- Salem seniors make a mind-body connection - 0
- Raymond man's hope for working van realized - 0
- Plymouth man relates growing up in the home — the Sullivan County Home - 0
- NH moose lottery to be held Friday - 0
- Granite Staters lend a hand to Oklahoma tornado victims - 0
- Hooksett Garden Club takes on bigger challenges - 0
- Grand opening for historic Peterborough community pool - 0
Raymond man's hope for working van realized
Salem seniors make a mind-body connection
NH moose lottery to be held Friday
Voter restrictions: Who will govern us?
Nashua couple's deaths called suspicious
Traffic stops in spotlight
One era ends, another begins at Union Leader