Laconia Sled Dog Derby set for competition Feb. 22-24
Diane Lyman, spokesman for the race, said organizers decided late last month to postpone the race because there was no snow.
She said races can be held on ice, but enough snow is needed to allow for a snow hook, which allows a sled driver to brake. The three days of races draw anywhere from 30 to 45 teams, which come from New England, the Midwest and Canada.
For more information, visit www.lrsdc.org
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Pianist Sean Chen to lead concert, master class at Philips Exeter Academy - 0
- Oil paintings, mixed-media featured in new exhibit - 0
- Pastel Society opens sixth annual juried exhibit - 0
- Jonee Earthquake band shakes Shaskeen - 1
- George Benson pays jazzy tribute to genre pioneer Nat King Cole - 0
- Aardvark Jazz Orchestra conjures big-band era in Claremont show - 0
- PSU Symphonic Band gets a new start with contemporary wind, band works - 0
- Be city official, concerned citizen for a night - 0
- Dartmouth alum returns to campus with 'Laggies' - 0
Fall hikers throughout NH put on notice
NH's back-road rest areas fading away
Win tickets to see Kip Moore
Win tickets to see the John Butler Trio
Enter to win tickets to see the Dirty Heads
Team Obama: Faking right, voting left
Fixing Obamacare: Shaheen offers no way out
Keene riots a focus of gubernatorial debate
Health costs up for Manchester
Preventing riots: What should Keene do?